bonus chapter | 34

A/n: okay, again, i know this story is really old but i decided to add a small chapter because i think it'd be fun to write, so hopefully you enjoy reading it :)

btw this chapter is going to be set to when you and tyler were around 12

•Y/n's POV•

"Do you like Tyler? Mackenzie asked me as we sat on the swings next to each other. Tyler and Josh weren't in hearing range of us. They were near a tree, trying to jump up and pull the branches. I wasn't exactly sure what the point of that was, so Mackenzie and I left to do our own thing.

"No, why would you say that?" I asked, raising my eyebrows surprisingly. I didn't like him any more than a friend, so what would make her think that? I treated him the same way I did her and Josh.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "You're just close with him. I thought maybe you felt something for him," she explained, looking down to the ground.

Before I could defend myself, Tyler and Josh were making their way towards us. Tyler had an eyebrow raised, and I realized that he might have been able to hear what Mackenzie was saying. I really hoped he didn't. I didn't want to have that awkward conversation with him.

"We got bored," Josh pouted. "How about you give me and Tyler a turn?" He asked, referring to the swings. If it was Tyler who was asking, I would have probably immediately said no just because I liked to tease him. But Josh was extremely sweet, so I decided to be a nice person. I got up and allowed him to sit. Mackenzie groaned as she stood up beside me.

The two boys were on the swing now, entertaining themselves as they swung back and forth. As Mackenzie and I walked away, I looked back at Tyler. He was laughing along with Josh, and I couldn't help but smile. His cheerfulness was contagious.

"Does he like you?" She asked me out of the blue, bringing back the conversation from earlier. I sighed in annoyance, shaking my head.

"We're friends. Why would he just randomly end up liking me?" I asked, expecting a reasonable answer in return.

"Because when two people are best friends for a long time, they end up falling in love. It's common knowledge," she responded jokingly, a smirk on her face. I laughed because I knew she was wrong.

"Well, not me and Tyler," I confirmed.

"Are you sure?" She asked, dragging the 'u.' I rolled my eyes.

"I'm certain."

xxx

"What were you and Mack talking about?" Tyler asked as we slumped back into his living room couch. I sighed as I realized that he had overheard us. He obviously wouldn't have been asking if he hadn't heard his name, so he was probably suspicious that we were talking about him.

I really didn't want to talk about this with him. So many people at school already assumed we liked each other, including teachers. Even our parents would tease us from time to time, and it was extremely awkward for the both of us.

"It was nothing," I stated, shrugging. I tried to brush it off in hopes that he wouldn't care enough. But that didn't work.

"I heard my name. Can't you please just tell me?" He asked desperately, staring me down with his puppy dog eyes. I hated when he did that. I could never say no to him. There was no denying he was always adorable.

"She just asked if we liked each other," I explained. He silently nodded, staring down at the ground now, probably from embarrassment.

"I have a question," he said, keeping his eye contact with me. I tilted my head, wondering what he had had to ask me. "If we ever became a couple when we're older, and then we broke up, would we still be friends?" The expression on his face was full of concern, but I wasn't sure why he was worried. We weren't going to be a couple.

"We don't like each other like that though... why would we date?" I asked. Suddenly I began to feel nervous. What if he secretly did like me and I just had no idea? I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I loved him, even if it was just in a friendly way.

"I know, but I said if. What if that happened?"

I smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "I would be your friend no matter what. We're going to friends forever. And if we got married," I laughed a bit, thinking about what our parents had always said about us. "Then we'd still be best friends. Nothing will change that."

He smiled cutely at my answer. "Can I hug you?" He asked. I giggled. He always asked first because he was too scared that I'd push him away.

"You know, you can stop asking. I'll hug you anytime," I said, beaming as I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same, burying his face into my hair. It gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. It wasn't bad though. It was kind of... satisfying. But I brushed it off, pulling away from his embrace.

I was glad I had him as my best friend.

A/n: okay so that was really quick and fun to write so if you want any more these then lemme know