13

•Tyler's POV•

I couldn't wait to get home from school today. I was really eager to sing the song that I wrote for Y/n. But for now, I was stuck in math class. It wasn't a terrible class though, I had Y/n in it.

"Good boy. You did your homework." Y/n patted my back and smiled.

"Yeah. By the way, I forgot to tell you earlier, I have something I wanna show you when we get home."

"Sounds good." She said casually, moving some of her hair out of her face. I smiled and kissed her cheek. Just as I turned around I realized the teacher was looking at me. Great.

"Tyler, I think it's best you pay attention." She spoke as she looked at me from across the room.

"S-sorry," I stuttered.

•Time skip•

Once the bell rung for dismissal, I was the first one to leave the classroom. As I walked out I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Hey Tyler!" I turned around, and immediately noticed Josh's brightly colored hair.

"Hey Josh!" I said as I walked up to him.

"So, when are you gonna show Y/n the song you wrote?" He asked.

"Today, right when I get home."

"Cool. Let me know how it goes!" Josh walked in the other direction.

"I will!" I called back, walking slightly faster to the front of the school.

I opened the door and saw Y/n standing there,  looking down at her phone. She looked up and her eyes met mine.

"It's about time." She stated, putting her phone into her backpack. I put my arm around her shoulder as we started to walk home.

_______________________________

"So, what did you want to show me?" She asked, sitting on the arm of her couch with her legs crossed.

"I'll show you in a minute! Let me go get my ukulele really quick!" I ran out of her front door and slammed it, only to be at my house the next second and walking inside. I ran upstairs, grabbed my ukulele, and ran back downstairs. Before I could open the front door, I got stopped by my mom.

"What's the big rush?"

"Just going over to Y/n's!" I smiled and walked outside, shutting the front door.

_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

Tyler walked in with his ukulele, breathing heavily.

"Out of breath already?" I laughed, getting off the couch and walking towards him.

"Well, you take my breath away." A huge smile spread across his face.

"Sweet, but stop." I stated, holding up my hand. He faked a frown and grabbed my hand, leading me over to the couch so we could sit down.

"I wrote a song."

"For me?" I asked, shocked.

"Of course," he chuckled and put his hand on my cheek. I smiled and ran my hands through his soft brown hair.

He started strumming it, and sang the beginning of the song. Then he got to the chorus.

"I don't care what's in your hair, I just wanna know what's on your mind. I used to say I wanna die before I'm old, but because of you I might think twice."

After he sang the song, I sat there, amazed.

"Speechless?" I quietly nodded. He giggled, setting his ukulele down on the coffee table and moving closer to me. He wrapped his hands around my waist until my head was against his chest.

"I love it Tyler, thank you." I looked up at him and smiled.

"No problem, buttercup." He said quietly in his adorable voice.

He leaned in and kissed me. His soft lips brushed against mine, but we froze when we heard something in the kitchen. He didn't pull away, he just kind of awkwardly stayed in the same position.

"Sorry!" I could hear my moms voice coming from the kitchen. Once we heard her, Tyler pulled away instantly.

"This happens every time." Tyler whispered as he shut his eyes tightly together. I giggled at his reaction and lied my head down on his shoulder.

"Do you have homework tonight, Ty?" I looked up into his dark brown eyes.

"Now that you remind me, yes." He got up and walked towards the door.

"Want me to come?"

"You'd really come and watch me do homework?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and walking to his house.

We walked inside and he picked up his backpack, bringing it to his room.

He took out his binder and flipped through a ton of pages.

_______________________________

"Thanks for watching me do my homework." Tyler laughed, walking me to my house.

"No problem. I like being with you." I smiled.

"Well, I love being with you." He remarked, smiling back at me.

"Not gonna argue with you, Tyler." I walked to my front door- but he stopped me before I could open it.

"But you love to argue." He quickly kissed me on the lips.

"I do love to argue." I admitted, opening my door and walking inside. "But I love you more than I will ever love arguing. Goodnight, Ty!"

"Goodnight Y/n!" He walked away as I shut the front door.