7

Chris
Just as I got lost in all these thoughts.. I heard footsteps nearing my room. I immediately flipped over, and put the blanket over me pretended to sleep. I heard a few gentle knocks, then a low wiggle of the door knob. As much as I wanted to be like a curious little kid and turn around.. I can't. I then heard the door creak open slightly.... And then it closed. I thought the person left so as I was about to move I heard steps nearing my bed. I layed as still as a stone. These footsteps stopped at my bed, then sat next to me. I then felt a warm hand touch my bare back that wasn't covered from the blanket. I felt butterflies....

Robyn: "Chris...?"

I layed there in silence hoping she would leave.

Robyn: "Chris wake up" *shakes me a little*

As tempted as I was.. I layed there.

Robyn: "Christopher Get up I know you aren't even sleeping trust me. I have younger siblings and you aren't a great actor so get up" *giggles*

Damn I was caught. The way she says my name is pretty cute though. If she didn't know I would've continued this for a while longer. So I lifted up my head and looked towards her. She was just sitting there smiling. I grunted and sat up myself so that I was sitting next to her on the edge of the bed. That was the longest I've looked at her. I actually realized how beautiful she was. I quickly looked down at the floor.

Robyn: "I know you don't talk much. But I also want you to know that I'm not like them im different. I can be your friend if you let me"

Me: *continues to look down*

Robyn: "come on Chris.. You have go give me a chance to get to know you. And for you to get to know me. I promise whether you talk to me or not. It'll stay safe with me"

Me: *looks up at her*

Robyn: "I promise..." *lays hand on shoulder*

Me: *looks down again*

Robyn: "come on Chris. No other nurse would come in here. If they did, they wouldn't be this nice with you. And they definitely wouldn't want to be your friend and you know that too."

Me: *sighs and closes eyes*

I guess she really was going to force me
To talk. I mean it's not like it my first time talking.. I've talked to atleast three nurses one. I also agreed I wouldn't give her a hard time since she was new. But I haven't spoken to anyone .. Since I got here.

Robyn: "just tell me something. Like... Where are you from?"

Me: *keeps head down with eyes closed* "Tappahannock Virginia" *low, raspy, almost whisper*

Robyn: "there we go. Well I'm from Barbados... Do you have any talents" *gets up and walks infront of me and squats down so she can look at me*

Me: ....

Robyn: "you have to be interested in something... I heard you can ball. That's a talent. Here how about this. What's your favorite team?"

Me: "lakers"

Robyn: "me too. Now before I came down to LA I was in San Francisco...
And I'd be lying if I said the Warriors weren't a close second"

Just then she leans in and puts her hand on my chin and tilts it up. Open your eyes Chris she whispers. I do as she says... Something about her... Her voice makes me feel a way I never have before... It's enchanting. I slowly open my eyes and find hers.

Robyn: "why are they red? If you need to cry. Please cry Chris. It's not good to hold in your emotions.. And now you have a friend if you need help. Don't think of me as one of them. I'm not.
I'm here to be your friend think of it as that. Don't worry about me telling them anything either. I won't break your trust."

Me: "Thanks"

Robyn: "so tell me if you have any other hobbies maybe I can work something out"

Me: "well... I do paint. But they.."

I stopped my sentence as I realized I have been talking too much.

Robyn: *raises eyebrows and smiles* "painting you say... I'd love to see you paint. But Chris. You have an accent nothin like mine. It's different..."

Me: "yeah .. Well.. Where I grew up its
Kind of.. Country"

Robyn; "oh so you are a country boy aye"

Just then her nurse thing buzzed.
She had to go.

Robyn: "I have to go ..
But we will continue this talk soon. Thank you for trusting me
Enough to talk to"

_____________________

Y'all I'm trying here. Share the story with ya friends so they can read it :)