14

Chris
I guess I can tell her. To be honest who else can I trust. She has been the only one who actually showed me that they are my friend and want to be with me. If I can't tell her I can't tell anyone. But if I tell her will she still want to be my friend... I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes.

Me: "do you really want to know"

Robyn: "Chris I won't force you to do anything. If you want to tell me,. Or if you feel comfortable go ahead"

Me: "just promise me you'll still be my friend after this.."

Robyn: "Chris I don't care what you did. I'll always be here for you"

Me: "well...last year I had this girlfriend.. And she was my girl for 3 years. I genuinely thought she was the one,. I loved her. But she wasn't really feeling the same way about me.." *looks  down*

Robyn: "you don't have to.."

Me: "no it's ok"  *breaths in* "so for about a year people have just been telling me she was using me.. And that she is cheating on me. Well I never believed anyone. Like even my homies and my close family were telling me. I didn't believe it. Because I knew my baby would never. So at one point I wanted to prove them wrong so I began... Not necessarily paying more attention but... I made it a priority to know what she was doing so I can tell them... Well I had noticed she did meet with a lot of men. Well story goes on and I start getting doubts of everything. Until one day on my birthday... The day I was going to propose to her... Hoping all of that was a lie..I find out she is sleeping with not my homie but one of my homies homie. And I lost it.. You don't even understand how I felt. Like I was going to marry this woman. I had so much anger built in me.. I- i.

Robyn holds my hand...

Me: "so the next day. She comes home after she left me... On my birthday alone cheating..and keep in mind she has done enough shit to me otherwise.. I was just the blind one who loved her too much. But anyways. She comes into the house the next day trying to be all up on me. Making some lie of work ran late and how she is so sorry... Basically to make this short after much yelling and screaming I told her I was done. It was over and I told her to leave my house. She did. After that I was really depressed and I.. I just didn't want to live anymore you know?! It was like I had nothing anymore. That everything was gone. I didn't really care about life anymore. So I resorted to drugs. Now I didn't really do many drugs nothin too extreme. My main thing was weed over any drug so don't worry about me being some heroin addict.. But I wasn't sleeping, barely ate... Just... And I would cry to myself during night.. And it was like my whole life was flipped like a switch. My health went downhill and I was just in bad shape. So about 2 weeks later she decides to come back into the house. She wanted to be forgiven and you know after my friends told and showed me everything she has done to me.. I didn't need her anymore. So after me trying to stay calm saying no to her wanting me. She just went off... I did too. One thing led to another. Yelling and screaming..." *clenches jaw* "then she began making fun of me.. Saying shit to me. Basically putting me down to make her feel better. She began throwing things at me.. Cussing me out.. FOR SOMETHING that wasn't even my fault. You know all I did was love Her. I gave her more than she deserved and everything she ever wanted. But she got all up in my face after a short while of breaking everything and ruining my house. Well she got in my face and began punching me in random ass places. I tried to grab her hands but she kept going and going..." *closes eyes and squeezes Robyn's hand*

Robyn: "it's ok Chris"

Me: "so eventually something happened, I blacked out ..for a split second.. Next thing I knew my fist was a millimeter away from her face..Once I realized what I had done or was about to do..I...I..." *lets out tears*

Robyn: "it's ok..." *hugs me*

Me: "after that she went missing I don't know maybe she moved I... I.. But  after that I really never cared about life anymore.. I sat my days in that room.. Hating myself and beating my damn self up for what I did. One day she had sent these goons to my House to get at me... that one didn't end good...but Next thing I knew these people came and pried me out of my house.. With no logical explanation. Me trying to get away from them I broke my door... So I really... But anyways she apparently told them I was a crackhead.. Who is also completely psycho... But she didn't tell them, her bestie did. She also told them that I killed her.. But anyways.. After that I've been really 'diagnosed' with bipolar disorder. To add on to my 'craziness' But that's really it.. I'm sorry I didn't go into details it was.. Too much for me to revisit. But I grew up with my dad beating my mom.. And I always think if this defines me.."

Robyn: *wipes tear* "no Chris.. That's fine., thank you so much for sharing this with me. Thank you so much for trusting me. I'll never break it. But I understand now why it's hard for you to trust people..." *gives me a tight hug  and wipes my tears*. "It's ok now Chris. We are gonna get you out of here... You are a good guy"

Me: "I felt like a.. A fucking monster" *puts head in hands*

Robyn
My heart was completely broken hearing this... I didn't want to see him like this...  He leans in the crook of my neck crying. I just comforted him.. Hugging him and whispering it's ok Chris..

________________________
Do y'all honestly like this book 😁