33

Robyn
I relaxed knowing that Chris trusted me.. Even if I am about to make a mistake, hopefully he will still love me.

Me: "so Maurice, where do you wanna go eat?"

I grinned looking at him. Knowing he had to be Hungry, he never eats.

Chris: "I'm not really that hungry."

Me: "shut up, your fat ass never eats, I know you are hungry and I am too because I didn't eat anything since last night so. Since you can make a decision I will"

Chris: *smirks*

I turned up the music and drove through the LA traffic to a cute little spot I know he would like. As we placed our orders, I looked at Chris, who couldn't seem to stop looking at me. Sipping my tea, I looked back at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

Me: "damn Chris, I knew I was ugly but.. To stare.. That's just rude"

His then relaxed face suddenly tensed up. As he gently placed his hand over mine.

Chris: "Rob don't say that's. You are beautiful, don't even think otherwise."

He gave me a reassuring smile. I couldn't help but to smile at him.

Me: "you know Chris. You came a long way from what you were when I just began working. You didn't talk or look at anyone. You didn't show any emotions. Unless it was being rude to get people away from you. You - you didn't care to follow rules"

Chris: "I guess it took a friend, you were there for me, you cared when no one else did.. You gave me a chance even though no one else wanted anything to do with me. You were different.. I appreciate everything " he gave me a warm smile before drinking his lemonade.

There was a moment of silence before I corrected his statement

Me: "best friend"

He suddenly looked up from the food that was just served.. He relaxed before grinning ear to ear. He didn't lose that smile through out our meal. Walking over to the car.. I felt happy.