41

Robyn

Today was a busy day, after the whole code red, stressing about Chris. Then back to the code red.. taking care of the patients since two nurses wanted to take the day off today. Then the stress from the crap at home. I didn't sign up for this. Nope. Sitting in the break room, it was now about 4 pm, I popped a Tylenol and threw it down with a glass of water. Everything seemed to be going on smooth right now.. maybe I should pay chris a visit. You know, to keep up with my promise. Quickly running over to his room, I open the door, slip in and close it. Turning around, I saw Chris laying on the bed, shirtless again.. the usual. Staring at the ceiling.

Chris: "I've been waiting for you, almost had me thinking you was going to break your promise"

Me: "you know I'd never lie to you"

Chris: "know"

He says all of this without looking away from the ceiling. I sigh and walk deeper in the room, seeing two more butts on the desk. I shake my head slightly and sit down on the chair beside the bed.

Chris: "go ahead. Nag at me. I know you want to and don't worry I won't blame bitchass Casper. Nigga left me for some date that he had. Who leaves they nigga for a girl.. WHOS NOT EVEN ALIVE. But I'm chillin"

I sat there amused. Trying to hold in my laughs.

Me: "ok then, wanna tell me why you are smoking again?"

He then finally broke his stare from the ceiling and turned his eyes towards me. They were... more red.. and more dead. I didn't even know that was possible. Kind of scary. He gave me the "bitch why do you think" glare then shifted back to looking at the ceiling again without saying a word.

Me: "ok then, what did you want to talk about?"

Chris: "I don't wanna talk"

Me: "Chris I can't be dealing with your mood swings right now, I'm stressed as it is now shut the fuck up and talk"

Chris: "..."

Me: "CHRIS?!"

Chris: "nigga you got me all confused how do I shut the fuck Up and talk at the same time?"

Me:"the same way you be wanting to talk to me then all of the sudden don't"

Chris; *kisses teeth* "get over here then"

Me: "excuse me?"

Chris: "girl, you heard me. Come over and lay next to me. Only then we can talk."

Me: "Chris.."

Chris: "the door is locked right?"

I nod my head Yes

Chris: "aight then"

Me: "but-"

I was interrupted when he leaned over and grabbed my hand, basically yanking me on top of him. Placing my hands on top of his chest to support me to pick my head up. I now had the chance to look at his dead face up close. Breathing grew intense as his eyes now wondered Down to my lips.

Me: "Chris that hurt"

I said barely above a whisper

Chris: "I- I'm sorry"

He says now licking his bottom lip. I push myself off of him and lay next to him. He then scoots over and cuddles, placing his head on top of my stomach. I let my hands play in his hair.

Chris: "we left off on you telling me about why your mood was so off this morning."

Me: "if I tell you .. will you tell me what's up with you?"

Chris: "um sure"

Me: "well this morning I was awoken by that crazy bitch in my room with a knife in her hand. So basically after a lot of fighting and time Mel came and dragged her off of me. Chris ion know how I'm going to deal with her for another week"

I felt chris getting tense as I described this mornings events.

Me: "Chris?"

It was silent for a minute, then he got up and walked into the bathroom without a word said. By the time I reached the door, he had locked it. I began banging it and calling his name but he didn't open up. I bet he feels stupid because little does he remember I have the one key for every door in this building.

Chris
Listening to rob, telling me why she was so off today made me livid. She had to go through all of this because of me. She is doing all this because of me. She could've died because of me. She had to deal with that whore for another week because of me. Tears now in my eyes. Blood boiling. I slid down the wall and sat on the floor. I felt like- like- my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the door opening.

The fucking master key.

I turned my face the other way.

Me: "rob get out of here"

Rob: "no chris"

Me: "I SAID GO"

Rob: "you don't scare me chris."

She says as she sits next to me and forces my head in her lap.

Rob: "tell me what's up"

I laid there thinking for a minute.

Me: "rob ion want anyone dying because of me. Especially you.. do you know what id do to myself if-"

Rob: "Shh... it's gonna be just fine don't worry. Now let's focus on how we finna get her in trouble because chris I ain't keeping her over a week."

Me: "oh.. well.. um..I wanted to get her back mentally and scare her.. but I'm stuck here.. so.. the authorities can handle it I guess."

She then pouts.

Me: "ok, you tell me. What could We possibly do."

Rob: "I say we torture her physically a little..You Know.. just mess with her a little."

Me: *looks at her as if she has 5 heads* "you tryna go to jail?"

Rob: "we can hire someone to jump her and mess with her mind a little. Then, I'll pull you out of here.. and we can take her over to the authorities. And if she doesn't confess.. Mel recorded everything."

I immediately sit up with an amused look on my face.

Me: "YALL RECORDED IT? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ROB. "
I leaned in and hugged her.
Me: "you don't know how much this means to me baby. It- maybe I can finally get my life back. "

I tightened my grip as she worms her arms around me.

Oh shit

Did I just...

Fuck.

____________________
I think Ima end this book soon 🙂 all I know is the last chapter (will hopefully) be interesting and throw y'all off the edge.