44

Chris
I was dragged into this doctors office to run tests. So many of them too. Needles upon needles.. machines on machines.. wires on wires.. I felt like I belonged in A lab.. I mean might as well just.. I wasn't here for this. I wanted to go back to my stone cold room and lay there til my death. Which I feel is near.. or was near until they decided to check on me. After an hour of me trying to get away and tell them that I belong there.. and of them injecting me and testing me. Here we are.. Robyn and I sitting here at this table. Food In front of us.. sitting in complete and utter silence. Should I tell her what happened that night? Or should I save it? Will she believe me..?

I tapped my foot against the floor faster as the seconds past by.. until my mouth just blurted something out.

Me: "why are you doing all of this for me?"

Rob: "Chris what do you mean?"

She says with a light chuckle, exposing her pearly whites. Gosh she was beautiful.

Me: "this! All of this!"

Rob: "lunch? So we could hang out, you could get food in your system.. and I don't know get better. Why such silly questions, eat up now. We need to talk"

Me: "rob you know what I'm asking. Why are you doing all of this for me. Like everything. Being so close, thinking that I'm good, bringing kae over, making these plans to get her in trouble. Taking me to the doctor and hiring a lawyer to get me out of there. Why?"

She put her fork down and looked me. She grasped my hand a little tight and looked me in the eye.

Rob: "Chris, I don't think anything. I know you are a good dude. You know that too. You just put on this hard coconut shell around you, but inside you are as delicate as an egg yolk. I'm doing all this because I want you out of there. I want for us not to have a nurse to patient relationship. You and I both know damn well that you don't belong there.. so I don't know why you were tripping out today at the clinic. Now eat and explain these voices to me."

I did as she said.

I didn't explain the voices though...

But on the way back I was questioned again.

Rob: "so you aren't going to tell me..?"

Me: "rob, after I kissed you.. I just had these voices telling me I'm a monster and to stay away from you. Then the other one was arguing saying that I'm not a monster that I'm actually a good dude. And before I knew it.. I had blacked out."

There.

It blurted out of my mouth

I mentally face palmed myself.

She looked at me with confusion.

Rob: "um.. well.. maybe it was your conscious talking to you. That's normal for everyone. Don't think too much of it. Now.. tell me.. why was your lyric book thrown across the room?"

I immediately looked at her as if she had 10 heads.

Me: "how do you know about that book?"

Rob: "Chris calm down. *laughs* I've seen it before. You've left it open on your bed one time. Then another time I had walked by your room and you were singing. You sound pretty damn amazing if you ask me. I was going to tell you earlier but I was always waiting for you to tell me about your little talent here."

Fuck I muttered under my breath.

Me: "its nothing.."

Rob: "fine, don't tell me. We are here. You can go inside. I got business to handle, I told Julius already. Chris please... please don't do anything stupid. Take care.. I'll see you tomorrow."