ONE

Run as fast as you can, He's behind.

I shook in fear when I saw him walking casually towards me. I start to back up and start to turn to run away but he chuckles which makes me pale.

"I-I-oh my god."

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

I'm going to die!!

"Now I have to kill you too. But I guess two for one is a better deal." His voice was nice and calm. So beautiful yet so deadly at the same time.

"Please! I didn't mean-"

His face looms under the street light. His face is stone cold. There is some blood splattered on his forehead and his cheeks.

"I didn't ask for you to talk...did I?"

I slammed my lips shut and he walked closer. I felt tears flow down my cheeks and land on my chest.

He smirked as he continues to walk towards me. I held up my hand up telling him to stop but he continues to stride towards me with a glare.

"I didn't see anything!"

I turn around and took off in a sprint.

"HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP ME PLEASE!!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. His heavy stomping from behind told me he was a few steps away. Tears flowed down my face and I was praying someone was walking around this time.

I saw someone pull out their headphones across the street and down their hoodie and slowing down from their run.

I thanked the heavens for answering my calls. "HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!"

His head snapped towards my direction and I was waving my arms like maniac.

He started to sprint towards me and I smiled inside but I lost that smile when he caught me.

That's when the devil had his time laughing at my games but took over. His hand curled around my loose curls and yanked me back.

The man started to sprint faster and I cried out in pain. He chuckled in my ear and whispered.
"You shouldn't have done that."

My hands flung towards my hair but he lets go of my hair and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Now you've just made me kill two people tonight."
His other hand went in front of me and shot him dead. I stood there shocked and couldn't seem to process what happened.

He falls limp on the blacktop and letting out his last breath on this world.

*****

(15 minutes before.)

I just finished coming out gas station as I finished my shift. I walked out the doors and made my way towards the side walk and continued to walked down the dark streets to my small apartment.

I untied my hair and shook out the tension in it and brought my handbag closer to myself. I looked through the pockets of my jacket, searching for my phone but it wasn't there.

I began to have a mini heart attack but I remember I broke my phone last week.

I sighed and blew a piece of hair out of my face. The cool night breeze blew across my face making me tug on my jacket closer to my body.