TWO

Chained to the devil himself.

I woke up gasping while my eyes were the size of saucers. My head pounded while I tried to move my arms but found out that they were tied down. I looked up to where my arms were tied and see I was tied to a metal hook that was welded to the wall. I was standing but my legs are weak so my knees were bent so my wrist were taking my weight.

I stood up right, but slowly. I cried out a little when my arms sent a sharp pain towards my shoulders. I looked around and all I can see is a metal door in front. My surroundings were black and the only thing I could see is that door.

My heart picks up because I remember how I got here. I lick my lips while I feel tears roll down my cheek, onto the floor. "Please be a dream. Please be a dream." I whispered while I tried to pull the my wrist off the hook, but the rope was in it and my hands were on either side of the hook. So if I pull one side my other hand would go up and hit the hook.

"No. Please." I whispered while my heart pounded hard and sweat started to trick down my temples. I shook the rope violently and I cried out. "Why?!" I choke back a sob and my teeth chatter together.

The door opens with a bang, while I held back my scream. "Clearly you're not smart to get out a square knot. Which is really simple." His deep accent traveled down the room. No light shined here but only from one small window above me. His tall figure moved swiftly around  the room. The door shut with a soft click and he was out of sight.

"Let me go." I whimpered while you can hear my heart pound and my teeth chatter. I could only hear his shoes click with each step he took. They would grow faint or grow louder.

"Why should I?" I sucked in a harsh breath when he was right in front of me, staring me down. I couldn't utter a word. My tongue felt heavy and all I can do is stare up at his emerald eyes. His eyes stared at mine while his face held amusement. "Listen. You saw me killed one of my workers, well," he rolled his eyes then looked back at me with a smirk. "Was one of my worker. He thought he can just leave." He barked out a laugh and I jumped from his sudden out burst.

I licked my lips and tried to calm down my pounding heart but I can't when mobster is staring you down. He shook his head while his hand went to my cheek. I flinched but he gripped my chin and leaned in. "Once you're in baby, there's no way out. Unless death got to you first, but I'm usually the one holding your life when you're staring at the end of my gun." His eyes held amusement while mine held fear.

"So." His finger traced my jaw line while I tried to jerk back but his hand behind my neck and made me stay still. "What's your name." He raised an eyebrow while he cocked his head to the side.

I continued to stare at him and have my lips glued shut but when his hand tightens around the back of neck to the point where I cried out and spat out a random name.

"Lauren!" I started to cry and he made a tsk noise. He took a step back while I shook my hands violently. "Let me go!! I swear I won't tell!" My shoulders shook and my arms burnt.

"How can I let you go, and believe you won't tell if you just lied to me." He raised and eyebrow and my heart dropped. "Quiet now are we." He walked to my left side and bent down till I felt his breathes on the side of my neck. I turned away and tried to move away but my arms made me stay put.