SIXTY-TWO

Learn how to deal with things...or just run.

~Ever~

I leaned against the wall as I waited for Edward to hurry up to take me to the car. I asked him to take me somewhere away from this hell hole. I needed air form this building that all these men called home. "Okay, let's go," he said as he was putting on his suit jacket. I pushed off the wall and followed him out of the building as a car was waiting for us. One guy pulled open the back seat door open for both of us to get in. He was looked in his early twenties but he didn't say a word to us but only held the door open and then closed it as we got in. He went to the driver seat and just started to drive.

"Just drive somewhere, away from here." I murmured as I rested head against the window. Edward didn't say anything but only opened the window when he started to smoke. I was watching the grass and the trees passing by like they were meant to be a blur to our eyes.

"Ever-"

"I'm fine Edward." I don't even know why I'm mad, like honestly? Why am I mad, why am I sad? I sighed against the window and watched the clouds above move slowly. We were passing by a huge piece of land and I told the man that was driving to pull over. The car slowly started to slow down and then come to a stop. I quickly got out and walked into the grass and stared at the sunset coming in. Edward was still coming out of the car by the time I was almost too far from him.

The gun was against my back and it felt so hot. Not because of my body heat that was warming it up, it was just the thought of what I'm going to do is making me think it's a hot iron bar against my back. My heart was racing but it's going to be quick.

It has to.

"Ever, what are you doing?" He asked as he was starting to walk towards me as he was pulling a cigarette out.

"I'm sorry Edward but don't look for me," I said I felt my hands go behind me and pull out the gun Vincenzo leaves in his room as a tear slip down my eyes and aimed it at him. He didn't look scared, he didn't seem worried. "Ever. Put it down. Let's go home okay-"

"I can't call that place my home after what has happened to me and because of the man I fell in love with," I said as more tears fell down. The man that was driving stepped out of the car and looked over at Edward. "Boss, do you need me-" but Edward only shook his head and stared at me.

"And that's okay Ever, but put the gun down." He said as he placed his hand out in front of him and stared at my eyes. I knew he wasn't afraid of me, and I think he thought I won't use this, but we all change.

I took a deep breath and acted like I was going to set the gun down but I shot. I shot till I heard him groan. Tears fell down like a dam breaking but I turned around and ran.

"EVER!" I heard him yell, but I was gone before he can make me turn back.

*****

Sitting at the bus stop chairs at night can be the scariest thing you can ever do if you're a girl by yourself. I hugged myself tighter and held the gun tightly in my hand. The cool breeze blew across my face causing my nose to start to run and have chills run down my spine.

I think it's going to be fall again since Chicago was always known for the wind. It's been awhile since I've been in the city, I barely even remember where my apartment is at.

I looked around every time I heard feet pad against the side wall as I held the gun tighter and watched as the men or women walk away with them looking around, ignoring me.

As the bus came, I placed the gun back in the back of my jeans waistband and walked in. I had a few dollars on me from me stealing from Vincenzo drawer but he stole me, so we're even-kinda.

I sat in the back of the bus and tried to relax as the bus started and drove off. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't know how long I would have till Vincenzo finds out. But it's worth a try.

*****

When someone was shaking me to wake up, I jumped up in alarm. "Ma'am, I let you stay on here for long enough, it's the end of my shift. This is your stop for now." The bus driver said. I looked out of the window and just saw buildings and dark alleys. I swallowed hard and looked at him and only nodded.

When waking down the steps I heard him say, "be safe," but we all knew it would be hard during the night here. When the bus was out of sight, I held myself tight and started to walk trying to see if I can remember any of these street names. It's been awhile but I'm praying that's I cant forget these names.

The street post lights were the only thing illuminating the sidewalk and the street but some would flicker.

I started to walk faster when I saw people walking on the other side of the sidewalk and held the gun even tighter, I was afraid that I was going to pull the trigger and might shoot my own foot.

The road names were somewhat familiar but I decided my best choice was to go into a diner that was open twenty-four-seven. The warm air instantly warmed me up, and I gave a soft sigh. I sat in the corner booth and relaxed against the plush seat. A waiter came up to me and asked did I needed anything, and all I said was a cup of coffee.

The warm cup rested in between my hands as I held it close to my chest as I closed my eyes. There was small talk within the diner but I was looking out the window out in front of me, and watched the people walk past or it was either cars. I kept thinking what would happen now? Vincenzo would find me any minute, probably yelling at Edward for letting me shoot him and letting me out of his protection-my eyes opened, I don't have any protection now. Not at all, they don't even know I'm here.

I placed the cup down on the table and continued to stare out with a fogged mind. I saw a man stop on the other side of the road and lookat me, at first I thought the guy was just seeing if it was open, but when I leaned closer and looked at what he was doing, I saw him talking on the phone with a smirk on his face while he looked at me. All I knew it was my time to run, I placed a five and quickly asked where the bathroom was and rushed towards it.

I looked around and found a window and din't think twice when I was making my way towards it. I somehow made my way out and landed rough on my feet and quickly placed the gun in my hand once more.

"I'm going to be a rich man." I heard him say from behind me but I took off in a sprint.

******

Honestly, you don't even know the tricks I have up my sleeve with this book. :)

But good luck when you hate me!!

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101
Anyway see you guys soon!!
SS

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101 Anyway see you guys soon!!SS