FORTY-TWO

I️ honestly don't know what to do now.

~Edward~

I kicked at the grass and then looked up as i lifted up my hat and wiped my forehead. I sighed and looked towards the building. Why the hell shoot him though? He didn't even do anything but just found something of you.

I had the gun strapped on my back and around of my shoulder and i just continued to stare at the window where the bullet shot through.

Man, his daughter is taking over the company then. That can't happen.

I place my hands on my hips and looked back to the ground and the breeze blew against the grass and it made my shirt press against my back. I took off the gun and clicked off the clip and looked at how many billets were in. When i removed the clip and looked in it, i saw nothing. No bullets, completely empty.

My eyebrows furrowed and i thought i dropped the bullets so i looked at the ground but no, my shoes were the only things on the grass. I clipped back the clip and placed the gun back on my back and shoulder. I walked back and walked in the building. I walked into the "lobby"- i don't know what they call it here. I walked towards the group of men and they stopped talking when i was few steps away from them.

"Why stop talking?" I said as i raised an eyebrow and placed my hands at my side.

They stared at me and turned towards me while they crossed their arms over their chest. I didn't feel intimidated by any one here so i don't know why they're dong all this. I just stood there and stared at them as they did the same.

"So, are you going to tell me what you we-"

"We think you set boss up so you can take the business." One of them said.

I looked over to him and he has a stone cold face as his jaw tics as his hands close around his biceps tight.

"You think i set John up-"

"That's what i said didn't i."

"Why because he died?"

"Clearly, what else."

"Well, why would i want one of my friends dead?"

"Because like i said, you wanted the business."

I gave a soft chuckle and shook my head, "i don't want this business. I'm part of a bigger and the most known business, why would i want this one? Only few know you guys, and guess what. It's from my business i work for. So please explain why you think i would want this one." I said as my face went stone and my hands closed around to fist.

He stood there quiet. The rest of them men looked back and forth from him to me and i couldn't help but roll my eyes at how dumb he looks now. "How many did you guys think i wanted this company from what he told you?" I looked around and they all looked at each other and then stuck up their hands. I roll my eyes again and took a step back.

"Now who looks stupid. I'm going to discuss to other men about how to freakin find his killer. Since you guys like to think things that aren't true. And if i did want this company i would've started changing things and telling everyone I'm the new boss. But the next boss goes to child which I'm sure you guys all know who she is." I winked and their faces went pale.