SIXTY-THREE

Running can be your escape or your worst enemy.

~Ever~

I don't know if I just run so slow, or I'm just not built for running since he pushed me against the wall. My head smacked against the wall as I fell on the ground. I had a tight grip on the gun but when I aimed up and pulled the trigger, nothing. Nothing shot out.

It felt like my heart was placed on the floor while getting shot at as I watched it. Oh no.

He laughed at me and kicked me hard on the side of my head causing me to slam my head hard against the wall again. There was a ringing sound in my head and everything seemed to be moving slow and pain was throbbing hard.

I felt something tickling the side of my face and I knew it was already blood, what else would it be? I flopped on my side as the ringing was slowly going down and then I just ended up laying on my back with my mouth open.

He bent down and smiled down at me as he was typing on his phone, he was shaking his head as he was giving a rough chuckle and started to type. I was still gripping the gun tightly and I knew this was my only chance of getting away.

When the ringing went away and I was getting back to my senses, I looked at him and still saw him not paying attention to me, I moved a little bit closer to him and hit the butt of the gun hard against his jaw, and I quickly pushed myself up and took off running.

My head was throbbing but I made myself run even though I was in so much pain.

I ran out to the side walk and kept going forward, I heard his foot steps following me heavily behind and I was so scared. My knee was throbbing in pain, it felt like I was slowly tearing my muscle and slowly starting to break my bone again.

I was passing by some shops but it was late so no one was there, but he caught up to me and knocked me down. I knew I wasn't going to get far when my knee was throbbing in pain. How could I? I can never run the same and I'm surprised I even got away from Edward.

He gripped my hair and pulled my head back to where it caused pain in my neck and made me groan in pain. I was pushed down on my stomach with him on top of me. "I'm not letting money go to waste." He hissed in my ear. "I'm getting that money with you being returned." I tried to pull my head back and tried to swing my arm back to at least hit him with the gun but he held me roughly and reached forward and ripped the gun out of my hand.

"Not going to lie, that was a pretty good hit." He pulled my head further back and it made me groan out in pain once more. "But mine would always be better." He hissed in my ear. I closed my eyes knowing what he what he meant.

I thought maybe if I just relaxed, maybe I'll knock out with out pain knocking me out. He was saying other things and when he stopped I knew it was coming. "I may get in trouble for giving you marks but, oh well." I took a deep breath in and relaxed. He tightened his hold on my hair and pulled my head back as far as it can and pushed down, making me head make contact with the floor.

Knocking me out completely cold.

****

"I found her like that! I swear I did! Why would I touch her like that?!"

"I was watching the whole city, and you're telling me you're not lying to me." His voice was calm, smooth, and so damn sexy.

"I-I swear, that was some other guy. I fought him off of her. I wouldn't touch her Boss. She's yours and just kill me if I ever were to mess with whatever is yours."