Anyone want salad?| 36

The day after the wedding was a bit awkward, to say the least. Sebastian did his best to avoid me when he didn't absolutely need to be around or talk to me. I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault because of last night, but I doubt it.

After having dinner with his family he and I went back to the hotel and we didn't see each other again until this morning. He'd declined my offer for coffee and went on to get all of our stuff in the car so we could head to the airport.

Now we were sat on his jet with Amara and Alex. The plane just took off and Amara was already knocked out in her chair, Alex was binge-watching some Netflix show, Sebastian was working, and I was observing. I sat at the furthest end of the plane occupying myself with my thoughts.

I was elated to be going home. I missed my bed and my vanilla scented candles. More importantly, I miss my friends. Talking to Jace and Kayla over the phone was cool and all but nothing compares to the three of us hauled up in my bed watching a horror movie. Thankfully we were scheduled to have one of our famous movie nights in a couple of days.

I was pulled from my thoughts by Sebastian angrily hitting keys on his laptop. He slammed the computer shut and took a deep breath. "You alright over there?"

He looked at me and shrugged. "The damn thing won't work." He mumbled. "Here let me help you."

He squinted his eyes before nodding and standing to approach me. I took his laptop from his extended arm and he sat across from me while I fixed it. Essentially it was lagging because he had too much stuff on it. I solved the problem by ordering a new drive and buying more iCloud storage. It seemed to be a simple fix. Something that he was smart enough to have figured out on his own.

"Are you okay? I noticed that you've been acting strange since last night." I pointed out. He looked over at his sleeping sister and distracted brother before shaking his head. "I'm fine."

"Oh, that's bull. Come on, talk to me. We agreed on communication. Is it because of what happened when I-"

"It's nothing that you did. As shocking as this may sound, everything isn't about you." He said. "I never said it was. I'm just speculating because you haven't clued me in on what's wrong."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair tiredly. "I'm sorry. It's—I just, I thought I saw someone. Someone I haven't seen in a long time, someone I was never supposed to see again. It hasn't been sitting well with me is all."

"Who was it?" I queried. "Doesn't matter, it seems as if it was just a chimera."

I didn't get to say anything in response because he stood up and walked away. Whoever he thought he saw must've really rattled him. Even though he said it didn't matter, I could see it in his eyes that it did.

When we finally touched down in New York, I was shaken awake by Amara and tiredly led to a car. "Where's Sebastian?" I asked.

"He had a different driver take him to the office, but Ben is going to take you home." She assured me. I smiled at Ben as he opened the back door for me helped me into the car.

"Make sure she gets settled in Alright, Ben." I heard Amara say.

Just as she'd asked Ben got me home and helped me take my stuff inside. "Thanks, Ben!"

"No problem, Ms. Carter."

I shut the front door and kicked my heels off at the same time. Before heading to my room I pulled out the paper with the number I'd gotten out of Ambrose's jacket last night and took a moment to consider dialing it. It could very well be a woman's number that he'd collected last night, and I didn't want to get caught up in that. I sighed, set the paper down on the coffee table, and headed to my room while putting my hair up in a bun.