Waffles & Sepora| 32

The following days spent in Italy with Sebastian were...stressful to say that least. I've never seen a grown man that was so moody in my entire life. One day I'm going to trick him into a 72-hour psychiatric hold just to get a professional opinion on what's wrong with him.

"Kayla, I don't get back to the states for another couple days," I said as I propped my phone up on the counter.

"Yeah, I know. But I miss you, you know. We haven't spent that much time together lately, and I kinda feel like we're drifting apart."

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I promise when I come back, we can plan our own little vacation. Just the two of us."

"Just me and you?" She asked. "Yeah just me and you."

"You sure do know how to make a girl feel special." She laughed. "Hey man, I try. Can't have you all upset with me."

I adjusted my AirPod and piled Sebastian's plate with food. He requested that I make breakfast every day until we leave. "I can't believe your boss has you up in there completing his personal chef's job." She pointed out.

"Girl me neither. Any other time, he brings his chef along or at the very least orders breakfast."

"He's testing your wifey capabilities."

"Yeah Right. Mans couldn't wife this if he wanted to." I joked. "Please. I've seen your boss. I'd be prepared to be a housewife for him."

"Sis! That's what you think! But you don't work for him." I whispered as I saw him coming back inside from the pool. Luckily for us, the presidential suite came with its own large pool and jacuzzi. It was like paradise here. Paradise with an idiot though.

"Kayla, I'm gonna call you back later. Duty calls."

"Alright, I love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up the phone just as Sebastian slid the door open. Water was dripping from his body and he had a towel wrapped around his waist. I sat his plate on the table and motioning him towards the table.

He sat down and looked at the plate and then at me. "What?"

"I didn't want waffles."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want pancakes." He said stubbornly. "Are you..." I took a long pause and a deep breath before continuing with, "are you joking right now?"

He pushed the plate away from him and sat back in his seat with his arms folded. "I'm not making pancakes."

"You're fired then."

I rolled my eyes at his threat and crossed my arms over my chest. "If you wanted to fire me, you would've done it. Pick a new threat and eat the damn waffles."

"No."

"Sebastian, I'm not making pancakes."

He stared at me and I stared back. I wasn't about to put up with his childlike behavior today. We continued to stare at each other until he finally sighed and turned to eat his food. "Stupid waffles." He grumbled.

I walked away to clean up while he continued to complain. Halfway through doing the dishes, My phone rang. I peered over at it curiously and saw Javier's name displayed on the screen. I quickly dried my right hand and answered his call.

"Hey, Ny."

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm house shopping, want anything?" He asked. "I-sir? What?" I giggled. "I'm just kidding." He laughed.

"Seriously though, I'm with Evangeline and she dragged me to this Uh Sep—Sepora? Sepora? I don't-I don't know. Do you want something?"

I laughed at how he pronounced Sephora and requested new eyeshadow palettes. "Can I Get the James Charles palette or the Jackie Aina palette?"

"You can have whatever you want. Do you want both?"

"Javi, that's like $80." I estimated. "So?"

Rich people.

"Okay, so that and do you want this setting powder or this eye primer that they advertise?" He asked. "Sure. Get me a benefit brow pencil too!"

Javier went on to list the shades when I heard Sebastian approaching. "Hang up." He mumbled as he lightly pushed my hair off my neck.

"Go eat your damn waffles!" I said. He ignored me though and came incredibly close to me.

"What waffles?" Javier asked. "No not you. What else do they have?"

I didn't get hear it because Sebastian snatched the phone from me and hung up. I turned to get it back but he sat it on the counter and wrapped an arm loosely around my waist. "You've been on the phone quite enough today."

"You're quite annoying."

"I try."