Accepted Proposals| 17

As soon as I stepped into my apartment Javier was in front of me and checking for any sign of harm. "Are you Okay? What happened?" I almost asked how he got in but he knows I keep a spare under the fake fern in the hallway near my door.

"Some dumbass was shooting in the club." I sighed as I took my shoes off. "But You're Okay Right? I should've never let you go. Wherever Sebastian goes danger follows."

"Babe this wasn't his fault." I defended. "Yeah i wouldn't be surprised if it was."

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter, let's get you cleaned up."

After taking a shower I climbed into bed, a headache already beginning to form. "I don't want you going anywhere with him if it isn't business related." Javier said Firmly.

I sighed and turned over so I could see him. "I already told you it wasn't his fault."

"I know and it's not just that. But I don't want you getting involved with him socially. You're his assistant and he's your boss. That's it."

"If it's not just that, what else is it?"

"I know Sebastian. He and I used to be friends, we used to be close. I know what he gets into in his spare time, you don't want or need to be around that." He said. When he finished my eyebrows furrowed and I sat up.

Is that why he offered me a job?

"Did you ask me to come work for you because of him?" I asked. "¿Qué? ¡Claro que no! Of course not. I offered you the job because you intelligent and you deserve it. I wanted you to be able to get back into the work you're best at." He said defensively.

"Sure that's why." I scoffed. "Why are you taking offense to this? I'm telling you this for your own safety and my piece of mind!" He exclaimed.

"Whatever Javier. I'm tired and I have a headache." I huffed. I grabbed a pillow and marched towards the door. "Dondé—where are you going?"

"Somewhere where I'll get some rest."

I pulled my door shut behind me and went into the spare bedroom. Did we just have our first argument? And over my boss at that?

Maybe I had taken his words the wrong way. But honestly that wasn't the conversation to have right now and in the moment what I said made sense. When I really took in what he said, it seemed like that's why he had ever asked me to come work for him in the first. I don't really know what to think. I'm still riding out my buzz and my head hurt even more just thinking about it.

*

Maybe about an hour later I heard the bedroom door open and I stirred in my sleep. Through my half opened eyelids I could see a very blurry image of Javier standing at the door with a blanket wrapped around him. "So you're really gonna sleep in here?"

I let out a small sound before my eyelids closed and I was down for the count. When I woke up the next day I rolled over in bed and nearly jumped when I saw Javier curled up in the canopy chair beside the bed sleeping. I relaxed against the pillows and sighed. I wonder how long he had been there.

"Javier." I called out. He jumped out of his sleep and rolled onto the floor with a loud thud. Meanwhile I was in the bed laughing. "So Not funny." He groaned.

"Sorry, Sorry. You okay?" I asked. He sat up and nodded his head with a look of embarrassment on his face. "I was just uhm checking on you. Guess I fell asleep." He said awkwardly.

"Really?" I asked sensing the half truth. "No." He chuckled.

"You were mad at me and I didn't want you to sleep alone but since I knew you didn't want to sleep with me I just slept there."

"You are a national treasure you know that?"

"I mean you've told me a couple times." He chuckled. "Come on let's get ready for the day and then we can talk."

I climbed out of the bed and he grabbed my hand. After brushing our teething and getting dressed for work I met him in the kitchen. He was preparing breakfast, so I decided to take a seat and watch. "I'm sorry I got so offended last night." I said.

He opened his mouth surely to apologize too but I stopped him. "Don't apologize you weren't wrong."

"I meant what i said. He's your boss but you don't know him like I do. I don't want you to go anywhere with him if it isn't work related."

"Okay."

"Okay?" He questioned. "Yeah. You're looking out for me I'm not gonna argue with you."

"I don't like arguing with you." I added. "Me neither. I felt bad so I peeked in your room last night. But you were sleeping."

"Oh snap I thought that was a dream." I chuckled. "Nah. I didn't think you were actually going to sleep in there."

"Anyways, have you made a decision yet?"

"Um, I think I'll...I want to know all the terms and conditions. I want to apply and interview like a regular employee too. I also don't want anyone from the workplace to know that we're dating. So no PDA there." I said firmly. "Alright! This is great. I'll put a word in with my COO, he usually handles the applications and interviews and what not."

"No Javier. I want to get the job because they were interested in me, not because you put a word in and he felt obligated to accept because you're the boss."

"Okay fine I won't say anything. I'll let you do this the slow way." He huffed. "The right way."

"I guess I can't take you to the Men and Women in STEM Business banquet then, huh? You know since you don't want anyone at work knowing."

"Well Uh, I'm going to be there anyway. Since I have to go with Sebastian. But we'll probably end up at the same table. Maybe even sitting next to each other." I smiled. "Ooh mysterious. Estaría bien." He was leaning towards me from the other side of the island, so I pushed my plate to the side and propped myself up to sit with my legs folded under me as I leaned in.

"Oh me too. Maybe when I get up for the ladies you can pull into one of those rooms."

"Aye mami. In there with all those rich pendejos?"

I was damn near on the island as I pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "Mhm. But I'll be quiet. I'll be a good girl for you."

"Even if I have you up against the wall or bent over the nearest surface?" He asked as his eyes flickered to the island. "Let's try it out now." I suggested as he kissed down my neck.

He swiftly lifted me so my whole body was on top of the island and pulled my skirt off while I unbuttoned his shirt. Before I knew it he was slipping inside of me while I ran my fingers down his back taking in every inch of him.

What a way to start the morning...