Something is Wrong| 56

"You Sure You're okay?" Sebastian asked for the tenth time since we'd gotten off the plane. I nodded wordlessly.

How do I tell him his friend who was supposed to be dead wasn't dead and I'd befriended him? I probably shouldn't tell him until I get proof.

As soon as the thought of proof came across my mind I made the decision to hold onto my suspicions until I had proof that he was alive. Sure the picture of Giovanni that Sarah showed looked like my Ambrose. But you could never be too sure. In the meantime, I had yet to ask Sebastian about what I'd heard.

"So..the other night, I heard you and your dad talking. I wasn't trying to snoop or anything but I heard enough to know that I may be in danger." I said slowly.

It felt selfish and hypocritical of me to ask him for the truth when I was withholding what could be dangerous information. Deep down I knew I was right but I had to find a way to show him Ambrose was who I was assuming he was. I didn't want to freak him out for anything if I turned out to be wrong. But in that situation, I was almost certain that I wasn't.

"I was going to tell you. I really was. I just wanted to wait." He said. "Well tell me now," I said softly. He sighed and rubbed his forehead before handing me some files from his bag.

"What's This?" I asked. "This is the file on my ex. You know the dangerous one."

"Okay. What does she have to do with anything I thought she was dead."

"She isn't and that's the problem. Lourdes found out that she was still alive and we've been trying to track her down to figure out What her Plan is. So far all we know is that she isn't working alone. We've been looking into everyone around us and everyone who's died in the past decade that we knew." He said. Honestly, it frightened me a bit.

"So far we've come up with nothing."

Nows your chance to voice your suspicions. I fumbled with my words a bit as I tried to think of what I'd say next. "Why do you think I'm in danger?" I asked.

"Jules is capable of anything. But I'd never let anything happen to you. I'm going to have Ben with you everywhere you go. Even at home. He'll be moving in next door to you and Lourdes is coming to set up the updated security systems and stuff tomorrow morning. That way you can press a button if you feel like you're in danger and we'll be there." He explained.

"Why do we have to go through all of this? What's so dangerous about her?" I asked seriously. What could she really do? She was just a woman.

"Um—well...She comes from a powerful family in Germany—"

"Don't tell me She's related to Hitler." I sighed. "What no! She related to people responsible for a little fewer deaths than him. They've got money and they have resources. If they wanted someone to disappear it'd be like they never existed and everyone who knew them as well. She was proud of that and she was good at representing her family name."

"Why would you date someone like that?" I questioned. "I was young. I didn't know any of this at the time. Not till all the drama went down. But after. her family offered 647–Giovanni a job. I'm not sure what it was but I do know that these people...they get rid of people."

"S-so they're assassins? Great just fucking great." I muttered as I processed all this information.

"Please don't tell me your family is something similar," I said quietly. "I-we...we aren't. We try to keep the crime down and keep our business legitimate." He said.

"Keep them legitimate? Sebastian this is fucking organized crime and hired killer type shit we're talking about here!" I exclaimed. "I know it sounds that way. Trust me. We aren't like a mafia family going around breaking people's fucking knees. I mean if we had to sure—but...but that's not the point."

Secrets & Lies जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें