Sunday Dinner| 47

When Sunday rolled around I did my usual cleaning like always and prepared for my dinner guests. I invited Eva, Javi, Kayla, Jace, Brandon, Alex, Amara, and Sebastian. Currently, three out of eight guests were here and driving me crazy. "Y'all are a bunch of clowns!"

"Whatever!"

"You know, I honestly still can't believe you slept with him already," Jace said. "What do you mean already? They've known each other a while now and on top of that it was bound to happen." Kayla said.

"I didn't plan on it. It just happened." I shrugged. "Well...how was it?" Eva asked. "Did you finish?"

"I don't know if I should say." I blushed. "It was that bad?!" Jace gasped. The four of us burst out laughing and I shook my head.

"Let's just say it was the first time I went more than three rounds in one night. I quite literally passed out when we were done."

"The fact that I now know that my brother cannot go three times in a night is both disgusting and disappointing at the same time." Eva cringed.

"Damn." Jace sighed

"You know I knew Sebastian looked like he knew how to put it down," Jace said. "Jace shut up." Kayla laughed. "Alright enough about Nyla, what's going on with you, missy," Eva said to Kayla.

"How do you mean?"

"You and Javier." Eva clarified. "Evangeline, your brother and I are like a cat and a dog, fire and water, Jace and true crime. I think those analogies are self-explanatory. More importantly, I don't date the exes of my friends." She shrugged.

Hearing her say this made me frown. Mainly because I encouraged Javier to ask her out, but also because I knew she was exaggerating. Her words sounded too forced. I'm sure she meant it when she said she wouldn't date her friends' ex but she knew her analogy was a bit drastic.

As they changed the subject I resorted to texting Sebastian.

About an hour later, more guests were arriving. "Nyla your mans here!" Kayla yelled. I rolled my eyes as I continued to set the table. "I'm in the dining room!"

A few seconds later Sebastian appeared in the entrance of the dining room. "You know, I thoroughly miss seeing you prepare dinner." He commented. "I bet you do since I was cooking almost every day you were here." I smiled.

"Hey I offered to cook once and you laughed at me."

I giggled and crossed the room to give him a proper greeting. "I'm glad you came," I mumbled as he pulled me into a hug. "Me too. Who else is coming?"

"Alex, Amara, Brandon, and Javier."

His facial expression soured after I said Javier's name but he only nodded. "I know that look, just say it."

"It's just, ew...Javier." He cringed and I threw my head back in laughter. "Just be cool. That's my friend."

"Only if you do something for me." He smirked. He took hold of my hands and pulled me back to him. "Anything...but murder," I said seriously. He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "Never say never."

"Yeah right." I laughed. He laughed again and I took that as a moment to admire how adorable he is. "Kiss me." He said when his laughter died down.

A smirk of my own appeared and I got on my tiptoes to get closer to his face. I pressed a light kiss to both of his cheeks and one on the tip of his nose. "A real one would be nice." He feigned a pout and I giggled. "You gotta work for that."

When everyone else arrived we took our seats around the table and laughter immediately filled the air. I was sat between Javier and Sebastian which would've been extremely awkward if everyone else wasn't here.

"So, I bought a boat."

"Rich people," Brandon mumbled causing a string of laughter. "Anyway, I was thinking of having like a yacht party. You all should come." Evangeline said. "Hard pass," Javier said immediately.

"What?! Why?"

"All of us on a boat plus alcohol. I can't see el Futuro but I know that isn't gonna end well." Javier replied. We all silently agreed with him because he did have a point.

"You have a point there. Someone's bound to go overboard." Kayla laughed. "Exactly what I was thinking."

"Are you two...having civilized conversation? And agreeing with each other?" Jace asked. "Did I miss something? I thought you were like cats and dogs." Eva said.

While Jace and Eva gave them the third degree I turned to look over at Sebastian. He was eating while observing everyone else at the table. He seemed to be enjoying himself despite not contributing much to any of the conversations.

"You okay?" I whispered to Sebastian. He nodded and took hold of my free hand.

"So, Brandon when's the charity event?" Amara asked. "Sometime next month. I haven't found a place to host it yet so I could choose the date."

"I could find a good place." Jace offered. "Really?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah, dude. Just give me your number before we leave." Jace smirked. Kayla and I caught each other's eyes and shared a look of knowingness. Jace has just halfway shot his shot at Brandon. "Sure thing."