Javier| 57

(Sebastian's POV)

Everything seemed to move in slow motion from the time we found Javier to the hospital waiting room. The slowest moment of all occurred when Evangeline dropped to the floor in tears after the news we'd received. Kayla had just arrived then. Words couldn't explain how I felt. In a matter of 60 hours, my life had turned to shit.

I didn't have time to stay and speak with anyone. Evangeline was in hysterics which is why I called Kayla. She had so many questions that I wish I had the answers to.

"Who would've done this?" Evangeline cried. Kayla looked to me for answers again. "Where is Nyla?" Her other friend, Jace asked.

I wish I knew.

I didn't waist another minute in that godforsaken hospital after going to see the body. I couldn't bear it. I damn sure couldn't stand around 'grieving' when the most important person in my life was gone along with someone I'd known my whole life.

It had only been 60 hours since the attack. His doctors said he made it through the surgery and everything seemed fine after that. Since we found him everything has gone absolutely downhill. Now, this. Less than a minute after I left his room he seized. I walked with Evangeline to see him one last time. He lies lifeless on the table.

I hadn't left for another 15 minutes. As I headed to the exit I was stopped by Kayla and Jace. "Listen up, you shady fucker, we want to know what happened to our best friend." She said firmly.

If I were in the mood I'd commend her ballsy attitude. "And so would I. She should be here. She should be with me. But I don't know where she is."

"Well, you'd better get to looking. You're a suspect in all of this and if my best friend doesn't turn up you'll be a suspect in her disappearance too." And with that, she turned around and walked away. I left the hospital shortly after that. I got Ben to take Kayla, Jace, and Eva home while I went right to my office.

I paced back and forth impatiently in front of my desk as I waited. It seemed as if it took a century before Lourdes was walking through the door. "What did you find?!"

"Nothing, yet, Sebastian. It's like they just vanished." He sighed. "Well, they didn't just fucking vanish, Lourdes. So try harder. She could be dead!"

"I know that! I'm trying." He defended. I scoffed as I held back on my impulses. "And She isn't here. Get out."

I knew he wanted to say something else but he knew that I didn't want to hear it. So he left as I requested. I waited for hours in silence. Only the sound of pages turning and my fingers on my keyboard. I can't believe they took her.

60 hours earlier... (Nyla's POV)

"Sebastian I'm not sure what's wrong. He sounded like he was dying." I panicked as he drove like a made man through the traffic. "Baby just stay calm. We'll get to him."

And we did. When we arrived at his house the front door was slightly ajar. "Nyla go get back in the car and call the police," Sebastian said.

"No."

We stared at each other challengingly but I wasn't backing down. Javier needed me. Sebastian pushed me behind him and pulled out and perfectly shiny gun. I stayed close behind him only tearing away from him to grab a poker from by the fireplace.