Can't Sleep| 9

After the banquet  Sebastian took me to get something to eat because the food there was trash. He said it was "stereotypical white people food". That night I got to see a different side of him. The side that could have fun and live with no worries.

We just got back in the house and I was laughing at his description of the old lady at the restaurant. "And then her wig started sliding while she was slurping the spaghetti." He said.

"Stop She thought she was cute with her 8 inch long nails." I said. After we calmed down I told him I was going to get ready for bed.

"Sleep well, Nyla." He said.

I took a brief but thorough shower, brushed my damp hair, brushed my teeth, and cleaned my face. After changing into my pjs, I practically flew to the bed. I fell asleep soon after.

At around 4am I woke up in a cold sweat. The nightmare I had was of the worst. It was about my father. I hadn't had a nightmare about him in a while and i had a hard time going back to sleep. So instead I went downstairs to get something to eat.

To my surprise Sebastian was in the kitchen standing by the counter, shirtless. Good God almighty he looked good. I had questioned for so long just how many tattoos this man had and now as he stood shirtless I still couldn't tell. There were so many he'd probably lost count. I stopped myself from staring and went to the refrigerator.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked. I grabbed the orange juice and turned. "Yeah, and i assume you couldn't either." I said.

"You've assumed correctly. I'm a bit stressed. But this will surely help me." He said lifting a glass of alcohol. I took the glass from him and poured it out in the sink.

"You can't solve your problems by looking for answers at the bottom of a glass, Sebastian." I said. "Why couldn't you sleep?" He asked.

"I just had a really bad nightmare. What about you?" I asked. "Too much on my mind. Even when I'm asleep my mind is still up and running." He said.

"Maybe you just need someone to confide in." I suggested. "But i would have to find someone to trust." He said looking at me.

"If you really want it, it shouldn't be to hard finding someone. Besides, you have plenty of siblings." I said. I hadn't noticed before but Sebastian had gotten closer to me. But not close enough to make me uncomfortable.

"And what if I think I've already found that person?" He asked as he came even closer and placed his hand on my cheek. "Then you would have to tell them how you feel." I said.

My voice came out like a whisper but he heard me loud and clear. He was coming closer but I turned my head and cleared my throat. "I do hope you tell that person whatever it is that's keeping you awake."

I took my glass of orange juice and hurried towards the stairs. "Hey, Nyla?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. "Yeah?"

"We can level with each other right? Be like...friends?" He asked. I pulled my eyebrows together and frowned a little before nodding. "Yeah."