Beginnings of endings| 18

"Sorry I'm late, traffic." I apologized as I stumbled into Sebastian's office. "You alright there?" He asked referring to the limp I was desperately trying to hide.

"Oh yeah, yeah! I uh f-fell down the steps earlier. Got a bruise on my shoulder and a jacked up leg because I'm so clumsy." I lied. He gave a me a raised brow in response but thankfully dropped the subject.

"Did you RSVP for the banquet next week?" He asked. "Yes, I also scheduled dinner for you and your family like you asked."

"Alright. Well if you're ready, we should probably get going."

"Where to?" I asked as I looked at his schedule on my phone. He didn't have to be anywhere for another three hours. "I scheduled a meeting with your boyfriend so we can go over a few things. I did it just before you came in."

"Oh okay. Well I'm gonna take this in my office and I'll meet you down there."

He nodded and looked back at his papers. I did my best to hide my limp as I walked past his desk and to my office door. I put down what I wouldn't need and headed downstairs with my purse and ipad.

We got to Javiers building a few minutes after I got in the car and I was greeted and embraced as I was noticed by the few employees I had met the last time I was here. "Can't Wait to work with you again!" Billy a biomedical engineer grinned.

"Likewise!"

I continued to walk behind Sebastian to Javiers office still smiling and nodding at people. Hopefully they don't ask any questions when I start working here. "Mr. Velucci isn't in the best of moods this morning." His assistant, Jordan warned as we entered his office.

"Sebastian. How unpleasant it is to see you." Javier greeted grimly. I offered him a smile but he only looked at me warily while a ghost of a smile graced his features. Despite his strange greeting he still watched me limp into his office with something like pride shown in his features.

"You can go Jordan, thank you."

"Sure thing, Mr. Velucci."

Sebastian And I sat down in front of Javiers desk while he sat in front of it. "What did you want to meet about?" Javier asked.

I looked at Sebastian wondering what he wanted as well. He had never usually set up his own meetings, so I knew it had to be important. "647 was terminated last night."

"I'm no longer involved with that...development. Why are you telling me this?"

"Because that Big rival company in Ireland terminated it." Sebastian spoke. For a second a saw a flash of panic in Javiers eyes but he quickly relaxed. "Look, I was only a tech guy for that development and all the rest. The reason I don't do it anymore, is the reason why I don't want anything to do with it now." Javier sighed.

"This isn't something you can just ignore, Javier."

"I Can and I will. When it comes to my security—with my company—I Can and I will just ignore it. It's your burden to carry."

"We're partners you can't just turn away from this."

I sat there looking at them in complete and utter confusion. What the hell are they talking about. "We were partners. Not anymore. Keep me out of it and definitely keep Nyla out of it." Javier replied seriously.

"Keep me out of what exactly?" I asked.

"It doesn't even matter, it's so top secret his parents shouldn't even know."

"Now if that's all, I have real business to attend to. You know building arms and coding and stuff. The harder work you couldn't do in the field."

The field?

"Alright...okay. Fine. But when this does start to affect you, don't call me."

"Wouldn't dream of it, sweetheart." Javier said sardonically.

"Nyla lets go." Sebastian grunted angrily. "It looks like your boyfriend is gonna be a pussy for the rest of his life." He added.

"Woah, woah, woah."

"No nyla I got this." Javier affectively stooped me from speaking and came around his desk so he could stand in front of each other. "I'm the pussy because I care about my livelihood? Try taking a page from my book Sebastian. Because your so careless and narcissistic you ruin everything you touch. It's your fault the case is terminated not mine, and I am not obligated to help you."

Watching Javier put Sebastian in his place was actually pretty sexy, but a bit disconcerting. I'd never seen him look so angry in all the time I'd known him. He was one of those people who rarely ever got mad. He seemed to be one of those people you were scared to make mad because they could go crazy.

When Sebastian pushed Javier back I knew it was my time to intervene. I stepped in front of Javier to shut it down before it could start. "Stop It!"

Sebastian stared into my eyes for a minute. It almost looked like he was confused as to why I had stopped them. "I'm getting in the car, meet me downstairs in five." He said nothing else and stormed out of the room.

I turned to Javier and gave a confused expression. He sighed and ran his hand through his dirty blonde, thick hair. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Go ahead back to work. I'll see you later."

He kissed my forehead letting his lips linger on my skin for a few seconds before pulling away.