Nightmare || Ron Weasley x Reader

You're in a relaxed state before you take notice of the eerie silence consuming you. You look around at the never ending darkness. You're not floating, walking, or anything you're familiar with. You're just... there. The darkness is almost too captivating, like it's begging you to come that little bit further and see what it's hiding. A banshee worthy shriek ripples throughout the mass, forcing you to clutch your ears and close your eyes. A trickle of liquid drips down the side of my neck. I bring my hand up to touch it and bring it to my view blue? In this dark universe colour wasn't even imaginable. I look up to see a world like the one I'm familiar with. I look down, my feet bare on ice. Taking in the view, I feel a massive thump coming from below my feet. (A/N literal Jack Frost vibes) I look down to view the damage. Instead of cracked ice I see the face of my sister. "Lana!" I call, trying to help her break the ice. She bangs the ice with all her strength. All of a sudden she stops. "I need you to...I need you to find Ron." She says looking me in the eyes, before sinking.

My eyes dart open. I struggle to catch my heavy breath, hyperventilating and looking at my surroundings. I look around at my friends, who are all perfectly fine. It was just a nightmare. I shake my head and blink a few times. I get up and see it is neally breakfast. Honestly that was a pretty sick dream until she said to find Ron. It really broke the depth to the whole thing. Oh and Lana isn't dead, she's just been sent to boarding school. I'm a half-blood and my parents, being oh so wholesome, decided if I was going away from home then they'd like to not worry about my magicless sister, hence the boarding school. I just wish these dream (or nightmares, whatever you wanna call it) stopped, and they all end in some absurd message. I won't study for potion. I won't visit Kermit the frog. I won't go find Ron, it's 6am, chill. I change into a neutral outfit, just a simple crocheted buttercup yellow shirt and wide leg jeans, a checkered scarf and some black combat style boots. I catch a glimpse of my hair in the window reflection, making me hesitate from walking out the dorm door. Not bothered doing much with it, I simply brush it on the top and leave it down. Being a 6th year Gryffindor means I've had plenty of time to make friends. Of course I have wonderful sweet Luna Lovegood but then there's Lavender Brown who's kind... just a bit desperate. Outside the common room I find Luna waiting. "Hey Luna! Good morning"
"Hello Y/N, I was waiting for you" Luna says calmly, smiling. I smile back before we begin to walk towards the Great Hall for breakfast.
We sit down at the Gryffindor table and wait for Lavender to come. Once she does, she walks over and sits down across the table from us.
"Hi girls, you two excited for Hogsmeade?" Lavender asks.
"Always, how bout' you?" I reply and she nods.
After breakfast, Luna, Lavender and I stroll around school before we leave. I spot Malfoy and his goons leaning against a wall by the library. Oh hell no. I speed up my pace and don't look in their direction. "Oí L/n!" Malfoy calls, walking over to me.
"what do you say about coming with me to Hogsmeade today?" He smirks.
"Piss off Malfoy, we both know the answer" I say, pushing past and adjusting my bracelet.But it's not there. "I'll be back!" I say to my friends.

I walk to the Gryffindor common room and mumble the password to the fat lady. I enter and walk directly towards my dorm. I open the door and rush over to my bedside table and open the first drawer. The homemade bracelet lays untouched. I smile, as a tear runs down my face, adjusting the size to my wrist. I wipe my cheek and sigh, walking out to the common room. I haven't seen Lana for years. If it wasn't obvious, she's the one who made this adorable bracelet, I don't think I cherish anything more right now. It's been... really tough, she was and still is my best friend.
"Hey, we're leaving for Hogsmeade in a minute, hurry up Alicia!" I hear Angelina call the Alicia. I gasp, noticing the time. I walk towards where we were meeting. I see my friends Hermione, Ron and Harry standing appart from the crowd. "Hey guys, what's the problem?" I ask.
"Harry doesn't have permission to go to Hogsmeade." Hermione says frowning.
"is there anything we can do?" I ask, frowning softly.
I hear a Professor McGonagal call for us. "I'm sorry you can't come Harry, but we'll bring you back something, and we'll find a way to bring you next time" I say, following Ron and Hermione. Hermione walks over to some girls I have never talked to at the front of the crowd. We leave to Hogsmeade and I walk in silence with Ron.

"Wanna go to Three Broom Sticks?" Ron asks.
"Where else would we go" I laugh, walking in after him. We sit at a table and order two butter beers.
"So, anything come up lately?" Ron asks me.
"Nothing happens to me but my dad got offered a job as a chaser for Puddlemore United" I say grinning.
"Thats great! Did he accept?" I nod.
"Wow" He says grinning.
"Hey, where did you get that bracelet from it's beautiful" he says amazed.
"But nowhere as near as beautiful as you" I role my eyes, cringing slightly at the clicheness, but smile.
"I've been wearing this for years Ron, including the first time I met you guys. And my sister made it for me"
"You have a sister? Me too" Ron seems proud he's found another thing we have in common.
"Yeah, Ginnys so great, you're lucky to have her"
"What happened to yours?"
"Oh well her names Lana, she's about 4 years younger than me and she goes to a boarding school in England" I feel like I have a lot more to say, but my mouth clamps shut as that's about how much I usually stop talking at.
"Wow that must be difficult"
"It.. is, very.. a lot of emotions.. it's complicated because she's- but I haven't heard from her in... and... I should uh shut my mouth" I say, hiding under my hands, playing slightly with my ear.
"No, don't stop, that's not healthy, please at least talk a little more!"
"Oh, ok.. well she's the ball of light in every room... at least she was when I last saw you years ago. My parents don't even allow us to talk anymore, they divert her letter to me to themselves, so she only receives my letters and I never how her reaction. She could be so sad, she could be feeling isolated or something, I DON'T KNOWW and that's what eats away at me. I don't know anything about what's been going on with her. For our whole life we relied on each other for support and we're just ripped apart? I'm scared one day that when I'll finally see her it'll be too late, or she'll be completely changed and she'll have no care for me what so ever"
"I don't really know how to respond to that I'm not good with these things" Ron admits, hesitating before patting my shoulder. I laugh, rubbing the threatening tears from my eyes.
"No it's fine, thanks for listening"
"I have a big family, and one thing that I know for sure is that they'll never not have a place in their heart for you. She won't forget you, and you will see each other soon. Not see, we'll make sure you get quality time with her"
"Thanks Ron, I'll keep try to maintain that mindset, you've helped a lot more than you think"
"You're more than welcome, you can seriously tell me anything" he says, looking me in the eyes.

------------------------

The two of us chat for what seems forever until professor McGonagal calls us back.
We walk with the Gryffindors back to the Hogwarts castle. Once we get there we all part ways. "Hey, I had a lot of fun today and thank you for letting me talk to you, it helped so much." I said smiling at Ron.
"Let's do it again sometime." He replies, kissing me on the cheek. Now how to tell Lavender and Luna without Lavender forming some sort of jealousy.

A/n: I edited a few sections of this chapter after I noticed how cringy my other unedited chapters were. Just letting you know that some comments might now make sense as I changed a few key things.