Mean || Young James Potter x reader

I sit in the great hall at the Ravenclaw table.
I was minding my own business and reading a book.
"Why are Ravenclaws so stuck up and smart? They read for every second of their existence. It's breakfast and their reading, do they read while sleeping? Do they go to the bathroom while reading? Do they read while having a shower? Do they read while having a conversation with someone?" I hear someone say.
I glance up from my book and see James Potter and his annoying friends.
"I know right? They're worse than Slytherin when you think about it! Way to stuck up if you ask me! Especially Y/n L/n" Peter Petigrew says.
"I agree" James Potter says.
I stop reading and freeze.
I stand up quickly and leave while glaring at them. Tears blurring my vision as is torn out of the great hall. I go outside and sit by my favourite tree.
"You ok?" I hear a voice from above me.
I look up. It's Severus Snape from Slytherin. People bully him but he is actually really nice. We have talked a few times before.
I shake my head in response to his question.
"Was it James Potter?" He asks.
I nod as tears slide down my face.
"What did he say this time?" Severus asks.
"He c-called me a-a stuck up R-Ravenclaw and offended m-my h-house" I manage to say.
"I don't know what they were thinking, Ravenclaw is a fantastic house" he says.
I nod. I look at my watch.
"I'm sorry Severus, but I have to get to Charms class" I say.
"It's ok, I probably should start heading to Transfiguration" he shrugs. We walk together until we need to part ways.

I sit down at the front of the class and get out my books.
I hear a group of people walk into the room and sit at the back.
"Of course SHE is here early" I hear snickers from behind me.
I sigh.
Soon class begins.
"Today we will be learning how to use the spell, Wingardium Leviosa" Professor said.
"Does anyone know what this spell does and the purpose of it?" She asks.
I put up my hand immediately.
"Yes Miss L/n" the Professor says.
"Wingardium Leviosa is a spell in which we cast on an object. It makes the object then rise into the air. So then we can move it around and out of the when needed without actually touching the it" I explain.
"Brilliant miss L/n! 5 points to Ravenclaw" the professor says smiling.
She talks a bit more about the history of the spell and explains how it is done.
"Now without our wands, can we please say, Wingardium Leviosa"
There is a chorus of Wingardium Leviosa before the professor nods.
"Good, now can we please use the spell to lift the feather you have in front of you" She says.
I focus and repeat the words in my head.
"Remember, Wingardium Leviosa" the professor demonstrates with the movements.
I take a big breath in.
"Wingardium Leviosa" I say waving my wand.
The death slowly rose up from my desk and lifted a good 3-4 feet over my head.
"Good job Miss L/n!" The professor says clapping her hands.
"Show off" I hear James Potter claim.
I ignore him.
"10 points to Ravenclaw!" She says.
I smile and thank her.
After we were dismissed, I headed to Potions class.

I was walking around the halls, trying to clear my head and think. When I heard faint laughs near by.
I was curious and went to see what it was. I got closer and the laughs got louder. I stop in my tracks when I hear my name.
"And that stuck up Ravenclaw, Y/n L/n, she acts like she knows everything in the world, what a teachers pet" I hear someone say.
"And every time she answers a question right she gets points, today she earned, what? 40? She's so stupid but shes too much of an idiot to admit it" The person says.
It is a boy and it sounds a lot like...
James Potter.

Tears fall from my eyes and run down my eyes like a water fall. I hear him stop talking. I figure out he has heard me sobbing so I run.
I head in the directions to the Ravenclaw towers. I hear him calling my name.
It just makes me want to run even faster but instead. I stop.
"Y/n! I'm so sorry! I-" James starts.
I sharply turn around.
James is taken back, not expecting my face full of falling tears.
"You are such a jerk! Why would you think I would even listen to you!" I scream.
"But I didn't mean to-" I cut him off.
"But you did!" I say.
"But I didn't want to! It's just that my friends-"
"I don't care! It was your choice and you did it! Sorry would NEVER be enough to make up for what you have done. Your friends take no part in YOUR decisions!" I yell.
"It's just that- that I like you!" He says.
"Why would you say things like that about me then?!" I yell.
"You know what, James, make your own decisions and think before you say, because if you do that again, you may loose more than 1 girl" I say pointing to myself.
I sigh and walk away.
"But Y/n! I can make it up to you- you just can't! But- y-you" James says in disbelief.
"I liked you but after what you said... I don't think I do anymore.... I would say I was sorry, but I'm not... bye James" I say walking away.
I run up the stairs and enter the Ravenclaw common room.

The next day, I get up, get changed and leave for breakfast. I try to start fresh and forget everything that happened yesterday.
"Hey Y/n!" I hear someone call.
It was James.
"I don't want to hear it" I say.
"Look, I am really really sorry for what I have done. I know that I can't fix what I have done but I will try. I'm still sorry, even if you think it doesn't make a difference... I really mean it and I hope we can start fresh and be friends" he takes a big breath and keeps going.
"It is your decision, I was the one who hurt you so it is not my decision to make. I don't care if you give me another chance or not, I will still be there for you and respect who you are"
I stand there stunned.
"Um... what you did was horrible but if you are so sorry and promise not to do it again, then yes, I will be your friend..." I say.
"Really? Then will you go out with me?" He asks.
" take it slow Potter, you just hurt me really bad, I'm still healing... " I say.
"Pff... why would I go out with him after what he did... I'd rather go with Sirius" I mumble.
"Ha! In your face James! She just chose me over you" Sirius say laughing.
"I regret what I say" I said and go to my table to eat.