14 hours || Young Sirius Black x reader

You were having an unusually smooth day. You sat outside in the warm lush grass under a tree, a nice breeze flowing through your hair while you read your favourite book. Just as you realised this odd perfection, it was inevitable something has to happen in that same moment. "Oi heads up!" A voice shouts. You look up just in time to see James Potter throw a ball in your direction.
"Go away Potter" You glare at him warningly before concentrating back on your book knowing fully well it's a -80% chance he'll leave you alone. He smirks, walking up to you to twirl your hair between his fingers.
"Shame, pretty decent hair for such an evil person"
"Get your hands off me" You pull away, moving your shoulder back to wack his hand away. You collect your book and stand up, noticing his friends watching from beside the tree. Sirius tenses when he sees your eyes find his. Of course he hated when James acts like this to her, he just didn't know how to react to it.
"Too tense huh? Maybe a nice swim will freshen you up Mud blood" he lunges at you, shoving you into the Black Lake before you could react. Sirius lunges towards James to stop him but it's too late. "Why'd you do that?!" Sirius slaps James on the back of the head. "Leave her alone, you've done too much now" James rolls his eyes at Sirius' sudden objection.
"Did you seriously just do that?" You shout in disbelief. "How did this benefit you?"
"I can literally swim" you add between breaths, shivering from the cold. Sirius debates whether he should help you out from the water, stuck in his place without a clue what to actually do. You pull yourself out from the water, drenched in the mysterious waters of the lake. "We're far past the 'what did I ever do to you' stage Potter, since the pulling of my earmuffs-mandrakes situation it clicked that you're just a bored, selfish, brainless roach" Water drips from your once crisp and dry uniform as you pick up your now soggy book and leave.
"It's impossible to underestimate you" You say to them before leaving to your dorm, despite the weird looks you're going to get before you get there.
"She's right, we just stood around letting this happen" Sirius mumbled to Remus.
"We should've stopped him, we should've said something" Sirius continues. Remus looks at the floor, shrugging.
"I can't believe any of you right now" Sirius says, staring at James but talking to everyone. He runs to find you, he can't not after what happened.

You stayed in your dorm room after had worked up a chill. The next day you feel slightly better. During the abundance of thinking you got to do yesterday while sick you decided you couldn't care less about Potter and his friends. If any of them had a glimpse of good they would've done something to help by now, not that you needed them to defend you. You stretch and change into a fresh uniform. Putting in your robe, you hear banging on your dorm door. Your dorm mate opens the door. "Ew perv this is the students dorms" they mumble.
"Sirius Black from Gryffindor house has been waiting outside for 14 hours" the teacher shrugs, glaring at your dorm mate.
"I did what had to be done thank you, he's starting to look extra homeless and it's getting on people's nerves" he huffs, striding away.

"What do you want?" You ask as you exit the common room. You chuckle when you get closer, seeing his head hanging down and soft snores. "Wakey wakey" you say, nudging him with your foot.
"I swear I'm not doing anything weird I'm just waiting for Y/n L/n!" He says rubbing his eyes then scrambling to stand up. "O-oh hi Y/n"
"Hi." You respond, crossing your arms.
"I wanted to talk to you"
"About what that was so important you waited an entire night?"
"First, I wanted to ask, what do you think when you hear my name?"
"Immediately I think of you as a hider, always lurking when Potters around. If I think more about it I think of you as caring yet disassociated" You shrug.
"But sometimes all I see if the guy that lets that guy be stupid" You point to Potter tripping Severus down the moving stair case.
"Levioso" You lift him back up before he hits the ground.
"Thanks again" he calls.
"Look, what I really waited to say was sorry. I'm sorry I just watched him do these things over and over, you'd think I'd learn to interfere but I'm an idiot... I should've and I will, I promise." Sirius confesses after grabbing my hand to stop me in my tracks.
"That means a lot, thank you" You say, sick of having to deal with Potter.
"While I can't leave him, he's my friend and I want to help him change for the better" Sirius says, searching your eyes to see if he's said so,etching wrong.  "And I want to change, if that means you'll see me other than the lurking douche?"
"Maybe" You smile, hopeful that this pestering from them might stop, but never believe it before you see it.
"What are you doing tomorrow?" Smiling genuinely, he changes the subject.
"Not anything in particular"
"Please tell me if this is out of line but I was wondering if you'd want to go out with me to Hogsmeade or something, we could do whatever you want!"
"Yeah sure- I mean I'd love to" you admire the way his curls frame his face when he jumped back in surprise a little.
"Sorry- I sorta prepared for the worst while I waited here"
"You really waited 14 hours?"
"The stone floor gets rather comfortable after your butt goes numb"