No Matter What pt. 2|| Harry Potter x reader

"SLYTHERIN!!!!!" Oddly, my heart doesn't drop. My mind doesn't even spit out a thought. In that moment everyone is either awkwardly clapping or staring at Cedric for his reaction. McGonagall's hands linger over your head, speechless having met your family many times before. You know what, Slytherin doesn't automatically mean evil right? It could mean many other not evil things...
Before being lifted off, the Sorting hat speaks again. "Trust me, soon enough you will respect my decision, and show all your potential" Chuckling at the end, the voice slowly shrinks to a silence. The slytherin table claps again as you take your place.

Second year
At first you all acted like nothing had happened. No one acted like being a Slytherin was even a problem so you had been dumb enough to assume it would stay that way. Naturally the "perfect" little group quickly reduced to a Golden Trio, outcasting you and giving you the shoulder. You tried to ask for a second chance, ask what you did wrong. Although it later became obvious you'd spent almost a year wondering what you'd done wrong when it was simply a matter of being sorted into Slytherin. You pled your case, they of course decently listened but then proceeded to act as if they hadn't heard a peep. So that was second year...

Third year
They don't acknowledge you, not even a glance, but you catch yourself often thinking back to your first year adventures. Of course there was that one time when you began sitting with Draco Malfoy where the trio would shoot you nasty glares as if you were betraying them. There's nothing you could do but make new friends, it was clear you couldn't control what the trio did or thought.

4th Year
Well this was a tough year to put it lightly. It started off oddly well actually, Ron talked to you once in the first month of school and Harry nodded at you in the hall a couple times. At the Yule Ball Harry even said you looked great, the first words he'd spoken to you in nearly 2 years. Then the thing happened. The brother getting killed in the Tournament thing. Now that set you back quite a bit, in terms of physical health, mental health, your healing friendship with the trio... You were either in your dorm or crying in the couch, there was no inbetween. It felt like for months your emotions were escaping in tears, so much that by the next year you felt emotionless.

5th year
You couldn't even look at Harry. Everytime you did it sent you spiralling into panic attacks and periods of grief all over again. Not to mention being sorted into Slytherin turned out to be a one way ticket to becoming a Death Eater which is... fun. It was also proven that you can't just say "no thanks" or else they will threaten to kill what's left of your family.
This is the year you thought about Harry the most. You wanted to tell him, about becoming a death eater, to warn him about Voldemort's plans, about everything that kept you up at night. It drove you crazy, so crazy you and Malfoy became basically inseparable. You'd either be staying up talking or working on Voldemort's little tasks. He became your walking diary and Harry did not like that. He wanted that.

6th year
The year things started to pick up a bit.
The whole trio had started talking to me. You wondered whether they found out about the death eater situation and were using you for information. You kept conversations scarce. After 5 years you'd learnt that you never needed their validation or friendship, you couldn't keep looking for something that wasn't there. It's not like you needed them anyway.
It was easy until Voldemort tasked you and Draco to start gaining the Trio's trust, or at least Harry. The conversations were now carefully navigated and fake, in your eyes at least. While Draco hid in the R.O.R., tinkering with his apple and cupboard and all, you were out there "accidentally" bumping into Harry in the library.
"You're gaining their trust" Draco sighs.
"That's the goal..." you smile weakly, looking out the window at the dull night sky.
"He's going to use you to lure him isn't he"
Then the year sharply declined.
We killed him.
We killed our headmaster.
We killed the Albus Dumbledore and you feel nothing. The first time you felt nothing and didn't have any part of yourself wanting to feel something.

7th year
"Y/n are you ok?" Harry asks walking towards you.
"I think I am" you rub your arm, chuckling after the blow you received.
"What was that?" Harry pauses, pointing to your arm. You raise your eyebrow, playing dumb.
"What? Did you think you saw something?" You panic (or did you? ehehhe), searching your sleeve.
"It was black" he states blatantly.
"Well I'm kind of wearing black" you shrug. He takes a step forward.
"Maybe it's best I check" he whispers. "Come here"
"Harry, I don't know what you saw but you're acting weird" you slowly take a step back.
"I just want to make sure you're ok" he mutters under a breath.
"You never wanted to before so I don't see any reason what would make you need to now" you assert, standing your ground. Just when you think he's stopped moving towards you, his arm leaves his side, going to grab your own. Instinctively you slap away his arm. Eyes blaring, he quickly looks up at you, anger and confusion plastering across his face.
"You're not who you used to be" you whisper, face softening from its glare. As you walk away you fiddle with your sleeve that keeps being raised slightly by the breeze, making sure the dark mark isn't exposed. You glance back, seeing Harry not moved a muscle. Eyebrows furrowed, he stays like that for a moment, watching you walk away.

"Is he dead?"
Moments ago Harry was alive and fighting alongside Hogwarts. Now his body lays on the forest dirt floor surrounded by hopeful murderers. You stay silent as Narcissa Malfoy checks.
"He's dead" she says, sending a wave of celebration through the death eaters.

Of course Voldemort wants to flaunt this "victory" and leads everyone back to the castle. You hesitate going with them, especially with Draco not here. Did he figure out how to leave before you could? He wouldn't leave you here would he... then again at this point expecting disappointment makes receiving disappointment less painful. Despite this, you stay in denial that Harry's dead. You knew Voldemort's power, heck most people did but still deep down like many others you thought he stood a chance.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!!!" Voldemort screams. You tense, the reality setting in ash is death is announced publicly. Could you have prevented this? Been the difference between his life and death?
"Draco, come here" Voldemort ushers. Draco scans the death eaters before his eyes land on mine. What have we done? Gulping, he nervously makes his way to our side, even receiving a very awkward embrace from Voldemort.

Harry jumps into immediate action, not even a sign of warming before he kept out of Hagrid's arms. Your head jerks to Draco for his reaction. You search his face for a split second. Death eaters start escaping while they can, others fighting off Dumbledore's army. Before you can come to a decision Draco's tugged away. You watch in a moment of surprise as his mother and father pull him away from the scene, following the path away from Hogwarts. Instinctively you follow your friend, sprinting after them.

While your mind was yelling at you to run as fast as you could away from the cause of the worst years of your life, your heart new you wanted to support Harry. Your legs lock, halting you from moving any further from the school. No one looks back at you, everyone else just as desperate to escape. You stare back at the fight. A sudden explosion makes you move back to the place you never wanted to see again.
"Y-y/n?" Harry asks, squinting through the dust to see you.
"I'm sorry" you shout from the distance. "I shouldn't have fought with Voldemort, I shouldn't have stayed in the shadows, I shouldn't have left" Harry takes a step forward.
"You knew it but I'm coming clean, I was a death eater but I was scared to tell you because I-I guess I thought you'd never want to be with something like me" Tears stop you from talking for a moment, clouding your vision. "I wouldn't have ever said yes" you whisper. "They- he threatened to kill my family"
"You didn't have a choice, I understand" Harry nods.
"I'm not asking to rekindle whatever we had, I mean were 12" you chuckle at how dumb it sounds after all this mess. "But now we're free and I need to tell the truth"
"I'll give you a second chance if you give me one" he smiles.
"What do you mean? I literally helped try to kill y-"
"I ignored you for years, and when I did talk to you it was out of jealously-"
"Oh Draco and I were never a thing" you butt in.
"Well that saves Harry 2 years ago a lot of time worrying" He chuckles, looking up to connect his eyes with yours. "I just need to know, after everything, do you still want to be my friend?"
"He doesn't know what his talking about" Ron smacks the back of Harry's head. "We're not in kindergarten, he means girlfriend"
"Shut up Ron!" Harry whines.
"After what just happened, this is the first thing you think of?" You ask in disbelief. "Also yes, despite the whole you hating me for no reason for years" you roll your eyes.
"But I just keep coming back" Harry smiles.
"Even when I'm an evil narcissistic Slytherin?" You laugh, but lowkey if you're going to be his girlfriend you need this validation.
"No matter what you are, no matter what happens"
"Never in my darkest nor brightest days would I think Harry would date a Slytherin" Ron says.
"No one cares what you think, Ron"