No Matter What || Harry Potter x reader

"You have to get up"
"But I don't want to" You wail, pulling the covers over your head.
"No seriously, you literally need to; it's already half past 7"
"I can't"
"You are" Ced yanks the quilt from the end of the bed.
"You didn't have to do THAT" you huff, sluggishly getting up.
"I did" he crosses his arms. "It's your first day at Hogwarts" You stare at him.
"...what?" He raises his eyebrow, nervously checking for an unbuttoned button, unzipped fly or bed hair.
"You sound just like mum" you hide your laugh, walking over to your drawers to pick out some clothes. Cedric groans, rolling his eyes. "Now are you going to beat it or what - I need to change" Cedric slips out the door, slamming it behind him. You smile to yourself as you collapse backwards into the comfort of the mattress.

A soft knock stirs you in your slumber. "It's been a while, are you o- UGHH"
You're shaken awake. "jeez man" you roll over. He rampages around the room.
"I brought you breakfast" he throws a toast at my head before forcing open the curtains.
Ravaging through my clothes, he carelessly selects random pieces and tosses them at on the floor. "That's what you're wearing!"
"Ugh but I hate those pants"
"DEAL WITH IT" he closes my trunk that was opened from packing last night.
"Mum and dad are going to murder me if you're not downstairs in 10"
"HOLY- IT'S 10:30" you shriek. 
"I KNOWW" Cedric runs downstairs, probably to make up some lame excuse as to why you are not downstairs or, more likely, to complain about how you're a slob.

"Wow honey, you look incredible, nice choice of clothing today" Mum wraps you in a hug.
"When did you both get so big" Father rests a firm hand on each of you and Cedrics shoulders, smiling proudly.
"Ced hasn't... and he's nearly 14" you snicker at your shorter-than-average heighten brother.
"HEY I still have a few years" he stands up straighter.
"So do I" you laugh, copying him to show how close to him you are in height. (In fact, to your dismay, you later learnt that no matter how many years of growth you had left, you would never catch up after the unexpected growth spurt of summer 1992)
"Never mind that children, you're daringly close to missing the train" Mother caresses our cheeks. "Don't do anything I wouldn't"

After a quick goodbye, you, your brother and father floo powered to the station. You'd been here a couple times already for your brother but you'd waited years for it to be your turn. A boy with a stacked trunk caught your eye. He had round glasses and jet black hair. You quickly noticed the confusion plastered on his face. "Do you need help?" You tap his shoulder. He stammers for words, only relaxing when he sees my owl.
"Oh are you going to Hogwarts as well?"
"I am, I'm heading to the train right now with my brother and father"
"I suppose you'd know where platform 9 and three quarters is then?"
"Y/n we thought we'd lost you, the trains going to be leaving the station soon you must hurry" Father rushes over, taking your arm. You mutter a quick sorry as he pulls you hurriedly towards the platform, the boy trailing behind you.
"Ok children, we've been through this before - we run through the wall" Father prepares Cedric with the trolley that held our stuff.
"It sounds odd, but you have to trust us, it'll be over in seconds" you whisper to the boy. He gulps, nodding.
"AHHH THE DIGGORY'S!" Someone beams behind you.
"The Weasley's! What a pleasure" As the parents small talk, you guide Harry.
"Hold onto your trolly firmly and don't stop" he hesitantly runs through, disappearing.
Father takes your hand and runs through with you.
"Nearly a moment too late!" He sighs, seeing the clock.
You say your last goodbyes before boarding. "I'm going to go find my friends, will you be ok?" Cedric says, stopping at an empty carriage. You nod. "If something happen come find me" he nods back before continuing down the narrow train walkway. You open the carriage and relax into a seat near the window.
"Excuse me" someone slowly opens the door, almost as if they've never been in a train. "Is it alright if I sit here?" It's the boy from earlier.
"Of course!" You gesture to the seat across from you.
"I- uh.. mind if I join too?" Ron Weasley pops his head in.
"I don't see why not" you smile, closing the door behind him. It doesn't take long for your parents to find you, waving from outside as the train prepares to leave. They track down the side of train, probably looking for Cedric and the others.
"Do you have siblings?" Ron asks.
"Well not really, but I live with my cousins" the boy shrugs.
"If you don't mind me asking, where are your parents? It's just you looked so lost before" you ask.
"They died when I was a baby"
"Oh I didn't mean to bring that up, I'm so sorry"
"No it's ok, it's been a while since it happened"
"I just realised, I didn't get your name"
"Harry" he smiles.
"Ron"
"Y/n"

"We're nearly there" you break out in a grin, eyes glued out the window.
"What exactly does Hogwarts look like?" Harry peeps. You and Ron exchange worried looks with furrowed eyebrows.
"What do you mean 'what does it look like'?" Ron asks. "Haven't you seen the pictures?"
"No?" Harry sinks back in his seat.
"Have you heard anything about it?" You ask.
"Only that that is where I'm going and that it's a school for wizards and witches" he shrugs. "Do you think I'll blend in? I don't know anything about magic"
"Of course you will, barely anyone knows anything"
"It's hard to describe the atmosphere without ever having gone there yet" you shrug. "But I hear of stories"
"It's not an outdoor living situation right? I didn't bring any repellent or anything" Harry's eyes dart from mine to Ron's worriedly.
"It's a massive castle in the middle of no where" Ron states patently.
"O-oh" Harry chokes. "A castle? Like the ones in the fairytales?"
"No"
"Yes."
"You'll see when we get there"

Harry finds it difficult to process we'll be attending this school. Actually he's finding it hard to believe this is a school or even real. "T-this is it?" He stammers, slowly stepping off the train.
"What? Underwhelmed?" Ron snickers.
"It's so big!" Harry swivels around, taking in the unknown surroundings.
"Follow me!" A giant man shouts, gesturing us all away from the station.
"Hagrid!" Harry lights up (even more if that's possible). Despite Harry's complete lack of knowledge on magic, he somehow seemed to know this man well.
The whole journey to the castle Harry remained star struck. His eyes darted around constantly. He never managed a full sentence.
We are lead inside to a wise looking woman waiting outside a large pair of doors. Her name is Professor McGonagall and explains the sorting ceremony. You're not too stressed about which house you're sorted into, your parents are too kind to protest but they were over the moon to hear Cedric got into Hufflepuff.
"So it's true, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" A greasy haired blonde slithers over.
"This is Crabbe and Goyle" he says, walking up to Harry.
"And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" Ron snickers. You nudge him lightly.
"You think it's funny, do you? Freckles, red hair and hand me down robes, you much be a Weasley" Malfoy spits, looking down at him.
"Oh shut your massive mouth" you roll your eyes.
"What did you just-"
"Students! ...they're ready" McGonagall announces cheerfully before opening the grand doors,

"GRYFFINDOR!!!" The sorting hat shouts. Hermione walks over to the Gryffindor smiling.
"GRYFFINDOR!!!" The hat calls when Ron sits down. Harry gets sorted in Gryffindor. It's not a surprise to anyone since this is 'the boy who lived' we are talking about. However it is a relief we weren't unknowingly sitting with a psychopath.
You hear your name being called.
'Hmmm, tough one. Nice like a Hufflepuff, Smart like a Ravenclaw, Brave like a Gryffindor but very cunning and ambitious like a Slytherin.' You cringe at the booming voice of the hat say in your head. "I think you'll do great in...."