Enough || Neville Longbottom x Reader

My feet struggle to move, my heavy steps seeming like earthquakes. My vision is blurry as hot tears rain from my eyes, causing me to collapse onto my bed. The letter in my hands seems much too real, like it's the only thing that matters in the world.
Three years ago your older sister died and the worst part is you're to blame. She saved you but you couldn't save her.
Today's been bad thing after bad thing. My potion exploded, I got detention, broke my wand, spilt pumpkin juice on myself, tripped over stairs and screamed at Neville, the only person who seems to actually ever care. It was stupid of you, yet here you are crying over something you can't fix rather than apologising to Neville... but I honestly don't know how.

I need to stop dwelling over the past and fix my friendship with Neville. With a sudden boost of motivation, I wash my face and begin weaving through the halls. After an hour of searching I sit down outside on the grass near the gorgeous but conservative black lake. I tuck my knees to my chest as I struggle to hold back the tears. The grass ruffles behind me; making me jump. "Are you alright?" The person asks. I turn and find Neville, nervously approaching.
"I'm sorry" I blurt.
"Can I help in any way?" He asks sitting beside me.
"I just, I'm sorry for snapping at you. You just wanted to help and be there for me but I pushed you away. I know this is cheesy and admitting doesn't help but I appreciate the support, thank you for putting up with me" I smile lightly chuckling.
"So you weren't really mad at me?" Neville asks slowly.
"No of course not, just a sudden misdirected anger about my sister that I forced onto you, and for that I'm so so sorry" I say looking into his eyes for forgiveness,
After a moment of silence I feel satisfied, like it's my cue to leave.
"Alright, I've said what I wanted...thanks" I say before walking back.
"Y/n....pssst" I hear. I stop and freeze. That wasn't Mandy was it. Mandy's my cousin, we're from the same rich pure blood family. "What do you think you're doing?" She asks as she catches up to me. "I don't know what you're talking about..." I say, quickening my pace. "You can't talk to people like him Y/n" she says.
"Like who..." I ask, stopping suddenly.
"You don't really need me to say it.." she says slowly with sympathetic eyes.
"No... say it" I say looking her up and down.
"Like... poor, like clumsy, cowardly, orphaned, you know... worthless." She says. My mouth gapes. I try to form words but my brains scrambled. "He's- of course he's enough!" I manage to say in my state of shock.
"You think so but do you really think you're parents would approve?"
"Does it look like it matters?" I shrug.
"How about someone like Malfoy" she says pointing to Draco who's violently pushing past a first year. "Get out of my way faggots!"
"You want me to be with someone like HIM?" I ask. "He just called that kid a faggot"
"But... money, status, ya knowwww" she says wiggling her eyebrows.
"I- you are SO shallow" I say, nearly completely speechless. "Don't talk to me" I  continue, pushing past her and walking back down the hall.
"NEVILLE" I call out to him when I see him walking a few meters in front.
"Y/n? You know I've been thinking-" he starts.
"Everyone's always- everyone's always on about if you're enough for me. But you are enough you're more than enough" I say out of breathe.
"But no ones ever asking if... if I'm enough for you" I say looking down.
"What? Is that even a question? Of course you are, you're everything" he says smiling.
"So... Neville I like you, and I have for a while, in more than a friend way" I say.
"Oh phew I was starting to worry it was one sided" he sighs.
"So no Draco right? If not I might hit him u-" Mandy pops in.
"Mandy if you don't leave right now I'll dump you in the Black Lake"
"Trust me it's not nice" Neville adds.