Friends || Oliver Wood x Reader

Your world. I don't know you, but it could be your parents, siblings, family, s/o, pet. And when you see them you get that indescribable rush of pure joy. You'd sacrifice all your food, money, home, and time just to see them safe. When they're not there you feel as if you're missing half your heart and at constant unease, like an imbalance. Some may say I obsess over it way too much than what's healthy but I couldn't care less because it's the only thing that keeps me sane. I'd go as far to say that it's my life. I'm lucky enough to be a 4th year chaser and even luckier to receive the title of Captain of the Slytherin team. This year I wanted one of the only family members I care for onto the team, Draco. I know he's only 12 but I feel like it's my responsibility to look out for him and make up for the affection our parents don't give us. We both missed out on a childhood, I want to make him experience some sort of child-like glee. Our parents were oh so generous and quick to buy the entire team new Nimbus 2001 brooms but took 11 years to give me a kiss on the cheek and a hug. I don't need them to win, but to my parents, instead of showing their love through attention and affection, they show it through their money. So yes I appreciate it but...it's hard.

The sun shines nearly unnaturally brightly from behind the trees as I walk down towards the dungeons to return my books. Every step I take the comforting warmth leaves and is replaced with a stone cold freezer. I quicken my steps in a hurry to escape the cold. "Serpent" I say once I get to the common room. I head up to the girls dorms and plop my heavy book bag onto the end of my green velvet quilted bed. I sigh in relief as blood returns to my sore hands. A shiver ripples through my body, making me notice goosebumps on my arms. I put on a jumper and walk out with nothing to do with my 3 best friends being in class. I thankfully have no more classes today. "Hey Draco, whatcha doing?" I grin.
"I could say going to the library but we both know I'm going to bump into Potter and bother him"
"Just.. don't be harsh you little snake" I say pushing him a bit with a chuckle.
"Ok. I'm going outside BYE" he says before abruptly leaving.
"DRACO" I sigh. He has a problem with offending people and trying to pick fights. This is probably a child psychological problem, thinking this will give him the attention he lacked from our parents.
I glimpse outside, noticing the incredibly dull and grey sky. At that next moment thunder rumbles deeply causing a silence to fall over Hogwarts. There's a seconds of peace before the storm before students erupt into chaos, running to find shelter. Oh no, Draco.
I rush out of the common room and up the stairs. It's hard as a wall of students rush down, soaked by the sudden rainfall. Lightning begins to strike wildly causing various people to scream. I walk over to a boy who's standing under a tree... not a wise move during a vicious storm. "Hey! You might not want to stand-"
"EVIL" He shouts, pushing me into the rain.
"What the heck dude" I shout after him as he scurries away. I hurry to get myself back inside. My uniform is dripping wet and water pretty much pours off my hair still. "Well this is nice" I say sarcastically. I go to give up on finding Draco and change clothes but, me being just a TAD bit clumsy, I slip in a puddle of water. A pair of hands unexpectedly grasps my waist, holding me from falling. "Y/n.." a familiar sounding voice says. I look up but my vision is blurred by raindrops. I wipe my eyes with my sleeves and blink a few times. I'm sure my eyes are bright red now.
"Oliver?" We used to be great friends during 4th year but by the time we both became Captains of two rivalling houses we grew apart. That doesn't mean I don't miss our friendship...
"Are you ok?" He asks.
"The last time I checked was when I was worried sick looking for my brother, but it looks like I'll most definitely come up with a cold"
"I'm sure if you shower and stay inside for a bit you'll feel better" he says sounding worried.
"Are you...worried about me?" I ask.
"No... I just - I just don't want you to become sick..." He replies. I raise an eyebrow and start walking to the dungeons, rolling my eyes.
"Come on Malfoy, what did I ever do?" Oliver asks.
"Look Wood, you don't need to worry about me, I never asked you to, nor to even be in my life!!!" I snap loudly. I instantly regret saying that when I see him look at the floor. I feel my heart crack drop.
"Look, Wood. There's no need to worry about me, I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself, I've done it my whole life fine." I snap. He looks at the ground again, looking conflicted.
"You had the chance" I say when our eyes meet.
"I didn't mean- when I called you those...words.. I wasn't thinking, I'm so so sorry-"
"You told me, exact words, 'Wow Malfoy, you have all the money in the world but you can't buy talent. I now have two things you don't have...' " I take a deep breath. "'Talent....and love' as you flexed your position as Captain when I was stuck as a regular chaser, which I didn't mind so much, but without a letter from my parents in 5 months, when you would watch me send them letters every second day.." I shout.
"Do you know what those 'words' did, do you know how it feels for someone to flex something you've been dreaming for you're whole life, and like it's not hard enough seeing people like you living it" I briskly walk away to the Slytherin common room. "I don't care if you're sorry, it doesn't make it hurt any less" I say, looking Oliver in the eyes. Before walking inside and letting the door block our two worlds.

"Hi Y/N, where are you going?" I turn around and see Draco there, sitting on one of the common room couches.
"Hello Draco, I have to go work things out with a friend" I say quickly after I sat in my dorm marinating in my thoughts.
"Who?" He asks.
"Uh, does it really matter...it's no one" I reply.
"Mm?" Draco hums shrugging.
"Yeah, well I need to go before it gets too late." I say in a rush. I run out of the common room and up the moving stairs. The stair case starts to move once I get to the end. Without thinking I jump onto to next stair case, just making it. I run up one more stair case before running outside into the pouring rain. I don't know why I had to go now, it just felt crucial.
I jog to the Quidditch stands and sit down. I sit there for a while, watching the rain and rethinking my actions.
"Hey." A person says, sitting down next to me.
I look up and see Oliver.
"Ok ok... I don't even 70% regret my outburst, but I want to start fresh... if that's possible" I say slowly.
"You're a good person Oliver, I may not regret anything I said but you care and have serious talent" I laugh.
"I am?" He asks.
"Of course you are, even though we don't really talk anymore..." I say.
"Okay!" He says randomly.
"Ok what?"
"Okay! Let's be friends again!" He says smiling.
"It's really that simple now huh" I chuckle.
"So I don't ruin a great friendship later, I need to tell you now, I kinda like you" he says, searching my eyes for a reaction.
"I might like you too..."

"A nobody? Pfff, didn't sound like a nobody to me at all!" Draco says from the opposite side of the room, while reading a book when I come back smiling.
"Draco!"