Fred Weasley x Reader

I twist a couple strands of hair into a messy braid, the an uneasy feeling nagging my entire being. Is there something I've forgotten? I drag myself through the day, anticipating walking into a period with a test that had slipped my mind. "L/n! A prisoner of stress today?" Fred cheers, examining my birds nest of hair.
"I don't know... well I do! But I don't"
"Whatever's going on I'm sure you'll figure out, or talk to me - you can't keep living like this!" He exaggerates, the back of his hand flutters to his forehead. His eyebrows furrow as he brings that same hand back down to gently slap my hand away. "What was that for?" I whine.
"Wh- You were biting your finger nails, you hadn't noticed?" Sighing, he begins walking you towards Slytherin common room. "Cmon Prefect, you just can't be seen out in public like this" he chuckles.
"It's not that bad is it? I just get jittery under stress!" I ask looking up into his eyes as we walked. Side eyeing me for a second, Fred holds back a warm smile.
"Nonono You look beautiful as always, I promise" Stopping outside the common room, he turns to me.
"As you very well know it's George and I's birthday so reminder, Room of Requirement at curfew to celebrate"
"Yeah.. Yeah! I'll be there" I smile, my stomach jumping. How could you have forgotten? You've been counting down the days for a month straight.
"Also, not to give your hopes up, but others will be there so let's keep it pg" he winks. Within a split second he's sprinted away.

Sitting on my bed, I balance sheets of parchment on hardcover books as a makeshift desk, attempting to work on my transfiguration assignment before curfew. Now that I found the source of the feeling, I'd instead turned to denial and procrastination. Ironically procrastinating thinking about the Twin's birthday and my stupidity has encouraged me to start an essay I've been putting off for a week now. If anything it felt like at most an hour, barely even 45 minutes. I'd just finished all the work I needed. I huff, neatly arranging my essay sheets into a stack. Changing out of my uniform (into something amazing idk whatever y'all want), I place my robes over.
Lingering in the halls and telling other students it was nearing curfew slowly left me stationed in front of the R.O.R. Fiddling with my sleeve, I wonder how I can bounce back from not acknowledging this birthday for the whole day. May I add, after having nearly all my classes with them and after sitting with them during Breakfast.
"Y/n!" Ron steps out.
"Hey Ronnie" my eyes meet the electric blue drink he holds. "What is that?"
"Honestly, I've got no clue, Fred gave it to me... you don't think he's put something in it... do you?"
"You think he's poisoned it?" I laugh.
"Yeah.. yeah nah he probably hasn't..." he trails off, holding his stomach. "Well, don't keep them waiting too long, I'll be back in a minute"
Chuckling, I walk through the door. "Happy Birthday!" I pull party streamers, hugging George then Fred. "Got something for you two" I hand two neatly wrapped parcels.
"SWEET" George cheers. "I'll be using one on Ron tomorrow" As he walks away to show Harry, I nudge Fred.
"Babes you didn't put something in Ron's drink did you?"
"Oh nothing" he grins, guiding my face away from Ron who was crouched over, holding his stomach.
"Fred.." I warn, slightly squishing his cheeks with the palms of my hands.
"Just a couple laxatives nothing weird, he won't die-" he's interrupted by Ron shouting.
"Hold my drink!" Hermione shakes her head.
"Fine! HARRY HOLD MY DRINK"
"My hands are full"
"THEY'RE NOT I CAN SEE THEM" Desperate, Ron just let's his drink fall onto the floor and sprints out the room again.
"But he might just murder the bathroom... drink?" Fred smiles.
"One without added 'perks' please"
"Maybe, you'll have to wait and see"
"I'll murder YOU"

Running up, I jump onto Fred's back. At least I hoped it was him and not George. "I love YOUUU"
"that's cool because I ALSO LOVE YOU"
"really?" I smile, hugging his neck. "I love you too"
"Wait actually?" Fred grins. "I love you"
"That's so funny, I love you too"
"You love me? I love-" "OH MY MERLIN PLEASE STOP" Ginny shouts.
"Stop what?" Fred whispers to me.
"I have no idea"
"You know I love you more than the world right?"