1 - the bet and the favour

lowercase intended

college was hard these days. well, honestly, it always had been. but in that particular period, where barely a few weeks were separating the end of session and jungkook, it sucked. the boy hadn't gotten any sleep for a full damn week and the pressure was just too much.

strangely enough, that one morning, jungkook had managed to get out of bed without being in such a bad mood. he had put on a pair of jeans and an oversized white shirt, not bothering fixing his hair before placing a beanie on top of his head. he looked into the mirror, and gave himself a satisfied nod. he smiled. he felt like he might actually be able to go through his day.

apparently though, life just didn't seem to have planned it that way.

it started by a power failure in his building; nothing worked. his oven, his microwave, his fucking refrigerator for fuck's sake, meaning if the power wasn't coming back soon, he'd lose a shit ton of food. and as if that wasn't enough, his coffee maker wasn't an exception. and god knows, jeon jungkook wasn't functioning without coffee. he slid his hand into his pocket to take his phone and text yoongi, hoping he'd agree to take a coffee with him as he had already left the appartement. but unluckily enough, he hadn't plugged his phone properly and his phone hadn't charged over the night and now, it was fucking dead. this is just peachy, isn't it. he thought for a few seconds about how could his morning possibly get worse, getting to the conclusion that he shouldn't even think about it, before walking back to his room to take his charger. he'd just have to sit in the back of the classroom where the socket was. he sighed in relief; at least he'd have his phone to survive this terrible day.

getting out of his apartment in a hurry, he walked out of the building, running down the street to the closest coffee shop he'd found. he ordered a coffee, managing to keep a polite smile on his face as the barista talked to him before taking out his wallet only to notice oh wait i don't have my wallet, where is my wallet. he looked up at the barista with sheer horror on his face and the man wasn't looking all that friendly anymore; he was just waiting for his damn money. jungkook opened his mouth to come up with something to say, an excuse, an apology, just something, but a hand shoved on the counter in front of him the money to pay for his coffee, not letting him  the time to say anything. jungkook turned around to gratefully smile at the stranger who had literally saved his life, before taking the coffee and leaving as fast as he could, thanking again the stranger.

running out of the shop, jungkook took a big intake of air, registering everything that had just happened. he smiled to himself, thinking about the man who had just paid for his coffee. he seemed young, at the quick glance jungkook threw at him. he seemed familiar. jungkook was almost sure he had seen him somewhere before. he shrugged it off, walking quickly to college.

as soon as he arrived, he ran to his first class. if he hadn't rushed that much, maybe he wouldn't have tripped on his own feet and spilled his coffee on oh my god, is that the boy who payed for my fucking coffee.

for a few seconds, he felt satisfied to finally know where he had seen him from, until he suddenly remembered that he had just spilled his coffee all over him. "i'm— i'm so sorry... i... let me just, erm..." jungkook stuttered to find some way to clean the other boy, any way that could make the situation better or even just a way to fucking stop blushing because oh dear god the boy was cute as fuck.

his hair were bright red and were lifted up by a hairband, showing off his sunkissed tanned forehead. his lips were a beautiful natural shade of pink and his eyes were glistening with something that strangely seemed like... amusement?

if jungkook had looked up instead of going through his bag, he would've probably noticed how hilarious the other boy thought the scene was. "hey." the stranger's soft voice said and jungkook looked up.