21 - pancakes and insecurities

it had been approximately two weeks since jungkook and taehyung's conservation about moving in together and they were already all planning it. right after taehyung had said yes, they didn't sleep, waiting until yoongi would be up to announce him and then right after, they called up jimin and then it was settled, the couples would be moving in together in a near future.

some might have thought it was all sort of rushed. hell, taehyung and jungkook knew it was all rushed, but there was something in the way taehyung looked at jungkook that made him lose all sense of rationality and made him want to do the craziest thing.

honestly, there were two ways this could go; either in flames or really smoothly. taehyung only hoped they had had their share of bad luck during the past months and maybe life would be fair to them for once and let this whole 'moving in' idea be a success.

it was sunday, and it was about 1 in the afternoon and taehyung only just woke up at jungkook's and he was counting on cooking jungkook breakfast. he silently slipped out of the bed, walking out of their room and got in the kitchen. he got out the ingredients to make some pancakes and started cooking. a few minutes later though, maybe fifteen, arms were being wrapped around his waist and jungkook's head was on the older's shoulder. "what are you doing so early?"

"babe, it's past noon." taehyung replied, a smile making its way on his face as he expertly flipped a pancake.

"hmm no, it's not. in jeon time, it's seven in the morning and i need you in bed." jungkook mumbled at his ear and it sent a few shivers down taehyung's spine.

"well, i can't leave your house to burn down either, now can i?" he countered and jungkook shrugged. "it'll be your house too soon, you can do whatever you want."

taehyung's smile widen at the thought of this apartment becoming his as well. "but anyway. i'll be in the shower. if you want to join me..."

"that would be really unreasonable." taehyung reasoned out loud before he turned off the oven and got the pan off the heating plate, walking in the direction of the bathroom before yoongi stopped him.

"no, no no no no." he said, wiggling his index finger in front of his face. "as long as i'm still living here, no steamy sex under the shower, not while you're living under my roof."

taehyung really wanted to say something along the line of 'but moooom', instead settling down to a stuttered "i-i wasn't planning on—"

"yeah, sure, shut up. and i want some pancakes too, so, get to it." the older said and taehyung rolled his eyes although he knew this was only yoongi's over protective side showing, turned on his heels and went back in front of the oven, starting to cook the pancake again. it was a little awkward so taehyung tried to start a conversation.

"so, ya... you slept well?" yoongi hummed.

"yeah... you?"

"yeah." and then that was pretty much it. soon enough, after taehyung served yoongi his second pancake, the shower stopped and a few minutes later, jungkook appeared in the kitchen, a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping down his naked chest.

"what happened? i thought you'd join me in the showe— oh hello there, yoongi, how are you?" jungkook asked, noticing his roommate's presence.

"he wanted pancakes." taehyung said as an answer to jungkook's question, trying to ignore the feeling spreading in his stomach due to how hot his boyfriend was.