18 - secretive again

jungkook's eyes were teary at this point and he walked closer to taehyung again. "kiss me." he ordered.

"gladly." taehyung muttered, before crashing their lips together, grabbing the younger by the back of his neck.

finally. it was real, it was true. their truth, their lips, their feelings. everything finally collapsed and dwelt into one great reality.

no way taehyung was blowing it up this time.

they pulled away breathless, and oh, how they had missed each other, although their time without the other had only last a few days. jungkook's eyes met taehyung and he broke into a bright smile, the smile taehyung had missed so much. "so you love me, huh?" he asked and taehyung rolled his eyes, a smile on his lips, playing along.

"i might love you a little, yeah." he shrugged and jungkook laughed.

"yeah sure, hyung, whatever. i might love you a little too then." he replied and taehyung laughed too.

"well, now that we both might love each other a little, how about finishing that date we didn't get to finish last time?" taehyung suggested and jungkook really tried to hold back his smile but he didn't find the strength, and probably not the will either to do it.

"yeah. i think i'd like that."

"great." he said, smiling widely and he turned towards the door. "YOU GUYS IT'S SETTLED, WE'RE GOING ON A DATE YOU CAN STOP LISTENING OUR CONVERSATION NOW."

there were a few hushed whispers outside their door and taehyung threw an evident glance at jungkook and they both laughed. "aish, we were not! w-what are you talking about, we were obviously just making a... a statement about... " jimin started, and yoongi shushed him.

"you're the worst liar ever. you shouldn't even try." they heard yoongi say and their voices were getting farther as they kept on arguing like a married couple.

"so what do you want to do for the date? it can be anything you want."

"let's go have a picnic!" jungkook suggested enthusiastically and taehyung grimaced. "really? but it's cold and—"

"did you not say anything i want?" taehyung raised both of his hands in defence before he chuckled. "i was kidding, we don't have to go if you think it's cold and..."

"jungkook, it's alright, i'd love to go actually." the older said and jungkook clapped cutely in his hands before grabbing taehyung's and getting out of the room. yoongi and jimin were on the couch, listening some anime. their attention immediately turned to them as soon as they even heard their footsteps in the living room.

"so are y'all going to thank us or something?" yoongi asked and jungkook laughed. "yah, don't laugh. we're the one who forced him in."

"wow, then, great, thank you for your huge participation. we're going out for a picnic, so don't wait for us. not like you would or anything. but have a good evening."

"yeah thanks, you too, lovebirds." jimin said and jungkook and taehyung waved before getting out after putting on their coats and boots.

turns out they both didn't actually want to have a picnic; jungkook was not in the mood for sandwiches and taehyung didn't want to sit on the grass, so they ended up going to closest restaurant serving italian food.