28 - serenades and kisses in the rain

this is both the most unrealistic and adorable thing i ever wrote, enjoy, i'm laughing.*

couple of days had gone by since jungkook's sudden jealousy and an idea was growing in taehyung's head. he had thought about what yoongi told him and honestly, it was happening, god, he was serenading jungkook for sure.

he had loads of stuff to plan. preferably, he wanted there to be rain, because what kind of cliche movie scene would he act if it wasn't even raining? also, their apartment was on the fifth floor, which meant he had to somehow get jungkook on the balcony (well, a sort of balcony, with really dirty white chairs, and honestly, threatening to fall down any moment), make sure he didn't die, and then sing pretty fucking loudly, otherwise how else would he hear him? or maybe he could get an arrangement with the second floor's neighbour. clearly, they couldn't refuse what he asked since it was for such a pure cause.

basically, he had to get the neighbours out of their apartment for maybe a big fifteen minutes, the time for a coffee, make sure it would rain, and get jungkook to go on the second's floor balcony, without him asking too many questions.

it seemed pretty impossible. but taehyung was really motivated, and meteorologist were announcing rain for the three next days, which gave him approximately not enough time at all, but he'd make it.

cue the awkward following conversation with the second floor's neighbour, who for some reason, actually seemed pretty enthusiastic about the whole idea.

"of course we'd let you come in the apartment! i think it's really nice that you're doing this for you boyfriend!" the old lady residing the apartment had said. "we'll just settle a date and we'd be glad to help. me and my husband were once young too and we loved each other just as much." she had said and taehyung had almost melted on spot because of how willing and sincere she had seemed.*

although the second floor issue had been solved, quite easily and really joyfully, there were still details to arrange. what he'd sing, even what he'd wear was to plan, nothing too chic, because he was in fact going to stand in the rain for a little while, also, what would accompany him, or was he singing acapella? he thought about asking yoongi to play the piano but he doubted he'd accept to get it anywhere near water. on sunday he fixed the last little details and it was ready.

it was now tuesday and jungkook had gone for the groceries. plan was all set; jungkook would come back home from the groceries, taehyung would call him mysteriously and tell him to go on the balcony. fortunately, it was raining, as planned, and taehyung doubted the rain would stop anytime soon. everything was going according to plan. taehyung was hidden outside, under a roof, where no one could see him. the neighbours had gone on a little date, which taehyung personally found adorable, and had simply asked for taehyung to not move anything, which wasn't at all in taehyung's intention. it had soon been half an hour since jungkook was gone when taehyung saw him walk back home, covering his head with a newspaper. taehyung smiled. he looked cute. taehyung slipped his phone out of his jean's pocket and speed dial jungkook, waiting barely a few secondes before he had an answer.

"hey baby." jungkook softly replied. "where are you? i thought you'd be at home when i'd come back?"

"yeah, actually, second floor neighbours had a problem."

"oh, mr and mrs kang? are they alright?" he asked worriedly, and taehyung couldn't help but melt at the fact that he was worrying about their neighbours.