WINE COUNTRY

My parents forbid me from seeing Quincy, but they never said I couldn't see Drew. Not that it mattered. Word got out that not only was I not allowed to see Quincy, but I was also heading back to boarding school. When Drew asks me why I'm not allowed to see Quincy, I lie to him. What I wasn't counting on was for him to ask Quincy who threw me under the bus.

After learning about my dry-humping session with Quincy, Drew stopped talking to me. Any time I try to talk to him it doesn't end well. Josh told me to give him time. So, I did. I stopped hounding him, hoping he would come around, but he didn't, and it broke my heart all over again.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one in relationship hell. Bobby and Nicole got into a heated argument at school and now we're both weathering a miserable existence.

"Want to talk about it?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"She was talking to some guy and Bobby got bent out of shape about it." Patrice answers for her.

The bell rings to let us all know lunch is over and I head to my fifth period class. Drew is already busy working on the project we've been working on together even though he still isn't talking to me.

"How's our project coming along?"

"We still have a lot of work to do. Maybe you can come to my house and we can finish working on it there." He suggests.

"I don't know. My dad might have a heart attack. But you're free to come over to mine."

"Okay." He nods. This is the most he's said to me in days.

It's Drew's way of waving the white flag of surrender. Meaning, he's ready to talk to me. His forgiving spirit continues over into sixth period. Coach Penman and Coach Treggle make us run laps. So Drew and I run together.

"Thank you for talking to me."

"I'm not gonna lie, what you did pissed me off."

"I know and I'm sorry," I sulk. "I was hurt, and I wasn't thinking."

"You lied to me."

Both of our coaches yell at us to jog and stop talking. Not wanting to get in trouble, we say nothing to each other for the rest of practice. After school I make my way out to the parking lot and I'm hoping Drew will be there so we can finish our conversation.

He is, and I'm relieved to see him standing there. "I want to be clear about something," Drew addresses me.

"What?"

"I don't want you seeing anyone else or I'm done."

"I'm not allowed to see anyone else, so I guess you get your wish."

"Good, because I plan on marrying you some day."

My lips curl up into a smile. "Is that so?"

"I'm serious."

"I know you are," I chuckle. "And that's why I love you."

Climbing onto my toes, I kiss Drew. He hesitates at first then kisses me back. I notice his hands sliding further and further down my backside, but I don't stop him. Not even as he cuffs my rear end with his hands and squeezes.

"Eh hem." Quincy clears his throat.

I didn't even know Quincy was standing behind me, but Drew did. Quincy's reaction makes him smile. He has this smug look on his face because he did that on purpose to prove a point to Quincy, and it worked.