POLLY

That Saturday at Sugar Pine was a turning point in both my relationship with Drew and my relationship with Quincy. I stopped everything with Drew (not like he noticed) and hung out with Quincy more. We're just friends at first, and I'm up front about the feelings I still carry for Drew, but Quincy doesn't seem to care. He's confident in his ability to overcome that obstacle. The next thing I know I have a new boyfriend.

"Has hell frozen over or are you and Quincy actually together?" Nicole teases.

"We're together."

"Does Drew know that? And I thought you didn't even like him."

"I didn't, but I was also mad at him, but now we've worked things out."

"There's a lot of people rooting for you and Q," Em chimes in. "I bet you guys will become the new it couple."

"If she ever officially breaks up with Drew, maybe." Patrice scoffs.

"I'm not trying to become anyone's new anything. I don't even know what I'm doing right now. I was barely somewhat single for five minutes before I ended up in a relationship with Quincy."

"At least you snagged a hot white boy." Nicole and Patrice high-five each other.

"You have to let me know what it's like. My cousin dated a white guy, and she told me it's a completely different world. They're not afraid to be sensitive or romantic." Patrice swoons.

"Or corny," I add. "Quincy is very corny. I think it's adorable though."

The five of us exchange looks and burst into laughter. "That's only because you're used to guys like Drew." Em chimes in. "The wannabe player asshole types."

"Well, your cousin is right about one thing... dating Quincy is definitely different from dating Drew. Drew's all about being a player but Quincy... he wants to be exclusive."

"What are you going to do?" Nicole asks.

"Yeah, you and Drew have some strong chemistry. I mean, how long have you guys been dating?" She quickly movesfrom one thought to the next. "He IS a major player though. If he develops some sense, then I'd say try to work things out, but right now I think dropping him like a bad habit is what's best for you. I'm so glad you didn't give it up to him."

"It wasn't for lack of trying," I groan. "There have been several times where we could have done it, but he wouldn't."

"This is Drew we're talking about, right?" Nicole rears back in shock.

"Yes." I nod emphatically.

"Drew had no problem sleeping with both me AND my cousin. I find it interesting that he would turn you down."

"She's got a point," Patrice shrugs. "Did he say why?"

"Kind of," I shrug. "He said I was different and that he cared about me, so he didn't want to. Yeah, right. He also said he didn't think I could handle him, which for Drew is just him being cocky."

"As someone who's slept with him, I believe him. All he did was pressure me to sleep with him. When I did, everything stopped. He didn't call, he barely said hi to me at school and then he was on to the next girl."

"Wow," I blanch. "I didn't realize that's what he was doing."

"Which is my point. You didn't know because he didn't do any of that to you. I think he genuinely loves you. He just doesn't know how."