SETTLED

Things between Drew and I are far from great and now I'm having issues at home with my dad. To say he doesn't like Drew would be an understatement, he hates him with a passion because Drew called the cops on him. And whenever the Taylor's come over for our weekly get together, my dad is rude to him.

This has led to several arguments between Drew and I. Drew doesn't like the fact that my dad has so much control over me and we can never do anything. If you ask me, it's yet another way they seem to be exactly alike. My dad doesn't like how Drew can make me do things I wouldn't normally do either.

I went over to Drew's one day after school and after being there for less than ten minutes, my dad came to get me because he didn't like that he couldn't see what we were doing. He ended up insulting Drew, and they got into an argument about the night Drew called the cops on him. If it wasn't for Drew's dad, they probably would have come to blows. My dad banned me from seeing Drew for a week after that.

"Your dad and I want to talk to you about what happened with Drew." Mom smiles nervous.

"I don't want to talk about it. That's between Drew and dad."

"Well, humor us Sidney."

"Fine," I sigh, sitting down on the couch.

"It's no secret that your father and Drew aren't getting along right now."

"I don't have to get along with him. He's a child." Dad interjects.

Mom ignores him and focuses on me. "Sid, your relationship with Drew, it's... it's a problem for us."

Is she serious...? My relationship with Drew didn't have to be a problem! They're making it one by putting themselves in our relationship!

"No. You mean it's a problem for dad."

"Are you talking back?" Dad snaps at me.

"No, sir." I fold my arms across my chest.

"He's cheating on you, he's rude, and he's a bad influence." Mom continues.

"He's not cheating on me. We have an open relationship because he wants to have sex and I don't. This is such a crockof sh... crap," I sigh.

"Watch it." Dad gives me a warning glance.

"Your father and I think it's best that you and Drew stop seeing each other. He's not good for you, Kit-kat."

"How would you know?" I scoff. "We love each other and my relationship with Drew is none of your business. You don't see me trying to tell you and dad how to be married."

"Drew isn't the only boy you will fall in love with."

"I'm not breaking up with Drew no matter what you say, so save your breath."

I know damn well this isn't her talking. The only thing missing from this picture is my father's hand up her you-know-what, making her talk. He doesn't want me seeing Drew because Drew got underneath his skin and hurt his pride. She's going along with this sham because it's what she does.

"We're not asking you. We're telling you," Dad lays down the law.

"I'm not breaking up with Drew." I shake my head.

"I'm not giving you a choice. You will do it."

"Mom, please," I turn to her for help. "Don't let him do this to me."

"Your father is the head of this house and what he says goes."

"I can't believe this! We've done nothing wrong! The only reason you don't like Drew is because he had the gall to stand up to you!"