Chapter Four

Gif is of Aaron :) He's a cutie. 

"Where were you?!" Mum shouted, "I was worried sick. Liv, you should have come straight home. Vi, I was yelling at you but you didn't listen and just ran without any clue!"

She was still using nicknames so it couldn't have been too bad of an issue. 

Liv mumbled, "I'm sorry to have worried you."

"I'm sorry too, Mum."

Mum crossed her arms and took a deep breath before saying, "You're both grounded until Friday. Now go get some leftover pizza."

We nodded obediently. A grounding might seem bad but compared to her other punishments it's nothing. She once got so sick of us arguing with each other that she locked us in the basement of our old home. 

Apparently, it's uncommon to have a basement in Australia. 

Liv pulled out the pizza whilst I got out two plates. It wasn't until we'd both silently finished our first bite that one of us said anything.

Liv muttered, "They're werewolves."

"How is that possible?"

"I thought you couldn't even have wolves in Australia," Liv mumbled.

"I thought you couldn't even have werewolves outside of books and movies," I murmured back.

Liv and I looked to each other and she frowned, "What do we do now?"

"What do you mean what do we do?"

"Well, obviously, we can't ignore them," she hissed, "One of them is my new best friend. What do we do?"

"How should I know?" I squeaked, "We can't say anything."

"So we wait for them to bring it up?" she suggested, "Except..."

"They probably won't," I concluded, "How does one say 'you saw me as a wolf, didn't you?'"

Liv sighed and held her head, "This is so confusing. They're werewolves."

I munched on my second slice of pizza and then swallowed, "Are we sure that werewolves don't exist in Australia only?"

"Like as in native to Australia? Like a kangaroo or koala?" Liv clarified.

I nodded, "Maybe I'm an idiot and they do exist."

"Well, obviously they exist if we just saw them," Liv rolled her eyes.

I frowned, "I'm going to go do some research. Finish your dinner."

Liv glared down at her plate full of pizza and shook her head, "I'll help you with the research."

I paused, looking between her and the plate before nodding, "Sure. You aren't hungry?"

"Nah," she shook her head, "I read an article on Snapchat the other day that said heat can make some people not hungry."

"Right," I said, not believing her at all. 

We walked into my room and I switched on my laptop. 

She said, "Search up first, to make sure, that werewolves aren't native to Australia."

I clicked on Chrome and typed in werewolf australia into the search bar. The first was an article made back in 2009 labelled Full Moon's 'werewolf' effect proven in Australian hospital study...

Liv shrugged, "See what that's about?"

I clicked on it just for it to come up with a 'page not found' sign. I clicked back and scanned through the other links. There was a yahoo question about any werewolves in Brisbane but it seemed the fake, dodgy thing. Next was just a computer online game.