Chapter Five

^Gif is of Kristy Sanders :| 

I narrowed my eyes at him, about to snap something before Aaron cut in, "You saw us. In the forest."

"No shit, Sherlock," I rolled my eyes at him, "Of course, we saw you. You guys werewolves. And then you were humans. You're freaking werewolves!"

Ezra sighed loudly, "Yeah, just shout it out, why don't ya?"

I let out a small giggle. Then a laugh. I cried out, "I'm losing my mind. Nothing makes sense anymore."

"If it helps, I'm plain human," Jeremy raised a hand, "Just like you."

If anything, that confused me even more. How was his younger brother a werewolf when he wasn't? 

"You, um," I thought for words, "You aren't one of them?"

"No," Jeremy shook his head, "Ezra can explain if he can find the words."

My eyes turned to Ezra's, hoping he could shine some light on the situation. 

Ezra sighed, "I got bitten almost a year ago. About two more weeks and it will be a year. I'd just been walking in the forest when, out of nowhere, a wolf attacked me... I was sent to the hospital and they said I healed incredibly fast. About a week later I discovered why... it had turned me into a werewolf."

"Was it a werewolf itself?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No idea," Ezra shrugged, "I haven't seen another werewolf since."

My gaze flicked to Aaron, "But..."

"Two months ago," Aaron began, "these two idiots decided to take me on a camping trip. Now, at the time, I didn't know about Ezra's lycanthrope state. I'm an avid sleepwalker and so I found myself, one morning, hanging off the edge of a cliff somehow with Ezra and Jeremy trying to pull me up. Jeremy couldn't hold onto me any longer so Ezra was holding onto one of my arms by himself. But he couldn't hold onto me forever. He made a last resort to bite my wrist just before I fell. That way, when I landed at the bottom of the cliff, I didn't die. I was just very injured."

Aaron had been through that much as a fourteen-year-old? Fear for the small boy coursed through me. But it was too late to do anything. 

"As far as we're aware," Jeremy said, "They might be the only two werewolves on the planet."

At this, Aaron nodded slowly but I saw something different. The way Ezra's eyes flicked to Jeremy in warning. Ezra and Jeremy were keeping something from Aaron. I even saw that yesterday. 

The bell rang and Jeremy grinned, "Let us escort you to class?"

"You're barmy," I muttered and I stormed away from two lycanthropes and a human being. 

***

I'd just stepped out of second-period Maths when something hard rammed into me. It took me a moment to realise a human being was hugging me and another moment to realise the person was crying. 

I recognised the faint sobs and I reeled back, "Liv? What's wrong?"

 My sister stepped back with red-rimmed eyes and wet cheeks. I narrowed my eyes, "Who did this to you?"

Liv whispered numbly, "Sabrina Newport..."

"Who's Sabrina Newport?"

"A bitch," she murmured.

"What did she do to make you cry?" I tucked her hair behind her ear.

Liv sighed, "I should be used to it by now, right? I should be... I should be completely used to girls calling me things I'm not. But I'm not used to it."