Chapter Twenty-Five

^Gif is of   S A S H A   P I E T E R S E   who plays Alyssa (Ally) Asher. 

"In 'dv' over 'dx' you need integrate to get 'v', not differentiate. You'd have to differentiate 'u' to get 'du' over 'dx'," Will pointed at the paper, "Does that make sense?"

I stared blankly at the piece of paper, "But where did the 'u' come in?"

Will let out a loud sigh, "It's not algebra, it's calculus, America."

"That doesn't help me," I ran a hand through my dirty-blonde hair, "Where does the 'u' come in?"

"'du', 'dv' and 'dx' stand for things," he repeated for the third time that lesson, "Like I said, it's not algebra where they represent different variables."

"Then... what does the 'u' stand for?"

"It's not just 'u'. It's 'du'."

"Right."

"Do you understand?"

"Not in the slightest."

I actually felt out of my league trying to understand any of this. Thankfully, I was saved. 

Ally called my name from the other end of the library and the young guy quietened her. Ally rushed over and stopped at the table. She flicked a small glance at Will before smiling slightly and turning to me, "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Tommy broke his wrist in PE."

I shrugged, "He'll be fine; he'll heal."

"That's the problem," Ally widened her eyes, "The school nurse already identified that it's broken and she's sent him to the hospital."

"But he'll heal by the time he gets there..."

"Exactly," Ally pressed, "He's gonna get to the hospital and they'll see that nothing's wrong with him and wonder how on earth he healed so fast."

"They'd have no proof he broke it in the first place though?"

"People took photos of it completely bent in the wrong direction," Ally pulled me out of my seat, "You got to do something!"

I shook my head slightly, "I can't do anything for that."

Ally sighed, "Fine. Whatever."

"What, Ally?" I narrowed my eyes at her upset expression.

Ally turned her sorrowful eyes on me, "I was just thinking that you might want to be there for Tommy, just once, like you always are for Kota."

She marched swiftly away from me. 

I pressed my lips together. 

Will murmured, "I can drive you."

I nodded slowly and bent to pick up my books. Always there for Kota - sure. Never there for Tommy - no... 

***

It was a forty-minute drive out of Crestview and into the heart of Richmond. The entire time I was silent, pondering Alyssa's words. Will, I'd found, wasn't actually that much of a talker. 

He pulled up in the emergency zone and I climbed out. I walked inside to the little nurse's desk. The old lady smiled at me, "How may I help you today?"

"H-hi... my younger brother was just taken here. He broke his wrist and he, um, he was taken from Crestview High School?"

The lady paused to search something up on the computer and then smiled, "He's in Room 143. That's the 1st Floor, 4th Corridor, 3rd Room."

"Thank you."

I walked to the elevator and Will got in behind me. I fixated my eyes on my shoes, my hair falling around my face. 

Will murmured, "It's all okay. These things can be fixed."

I glanced to him, "I know."

"Plus, you're not so cute when you're upset."

I scowled at him and glared at the wall behind him. But inside... inside, I hate to admit it, that I was screaming like a little fangirl. 

The elevator doors opened and we found the 3rd room in the 4th corridor. I knocked on the door and a voice inside called out, "Come in."

I walked in to find Tommy on the nursing bed with Kota by his side. Tommy held up the bandaged wrist, "Doesn't even hurt. What do I do?"

"They haven't noticed that it's not broken anymore, yet?"

Kota shook his head, "I watched it heal the entire ride in the ambulance. The paramedics paid no attention."

Stupid paramedics but good. 

"Ideas?" Tommy asked, "Wait... how did you get here?"

"Will drove me," I glanced over my shoulder. He was standing in the doorframe, out of view from the twins. 

I walked in further and took a seat on the end of the nursing bed. Will closed the door and sat in one of the armchairs. 

Tommy nodded slowly, watching his new Alpha carefully. Then he said, "Do you have any ideas, Will?"

Will thought carefully for a moment, "Have you taken an X-Ray yet?"

"No. They're doing that in a few minutes though."

"Well, you could always say you're double-jointed?"

"And what...?"

"Then say it flopped the wrong way under you and got jarred."

Tommy thought this through and then slowly smiled, "I like that idea."

Kota grinned at Will, "How many times have you lied about a broken bone?"

"Far too many to count," Will chuckled, "The doctors in Albury began to think my entire body was double-jointed."

I raised an eyebrow as the twins laughed with Will at what looked like adoration. 

The glue was setting. 

The Alpha was set in stone. 

***

Song: All Night - The Vamps.

A filler chapter. You guys are gonna get upset at what comes next. *hehe*

xx Sharky.