Chapter Thirty-Three

^Gif is of Iris Law who plays Diana/Lady Artemis :)

Jace

I watched out of my new bedroom window as the car jolted up and down the street. They'd go a few meters abruptly and then stop just as quickly. The movements of the tires caused scattered leaves on the road to fly every direction. 

Emma drives like an L-Plater, despite having her P2s. 

I could see her laughing at her own expense down in the car below. Her eyes glittered with amusement as Tommy scowled and snapped something again. Her hand rested on the gearbox and she pushed forward again, this time with assistance from Tommy. His hand laid on top of hers. 

From here, I could see the way Emma's cheeks reddened and she zoned out slightly, through Tommy's talking, watching their connected hands. 

The moment was graceful and, yet, pitiful to watch. 

For Tommy had found his mate years ago, I thought, and she wasn't ever able to come back. 

***

Emma

"Emma!" Tommy sighed at me, "It's simple. You're pushing too hard on the gearbox. It's easy to move - the car is not a truck, okay?"

I grinned at myself. It was funny to get him riled up. 

I tried again, pushing it with less force this time. But it worked too well. We crashed back in our seats as the car sped forward. I instinctively pressed my foot on the brake.

"Why'd you stop?" Tommy asked, "That was good!"

I glanced to him and rolled my eyes, "Sorry for worrying about the sudden speed."

Tommy muttered something I didn't catch. 

"What did you say?" I cocked my head.

"Nothing," he said quickly, "Just how you're too precious with the vehicle. It's a sports car. It's designed to go fast."

"Right," I nodded to myself and tried again, laughing when I came back to the first problem I had.

My eyes caught the smile Tommy allowed himself. 

I placed my hands back on the gearbox for another go - but I didn't. Tommy's hand came to rest on top of mine. It warmed my entire hand and forearm. Butterflies started spreading their wings in my stomach. 

I blushed at the physical contact. Tommy didn't seem to notice as he kept talking. But I stared at our connected hands. 

If he was the Alpha... and I was the Luna-

"Are you listening?" Tommy nudged me with his elbow.

I nodded hurriedly, "Of course."

"Alright," he nodded, "Now have a go at only pressing down on the accelerator the tiniest bit."

***

Flustered, Becca turned around. She wasn't afraid of Lilah - yet - but Tyler could be here. Or Seth. She didn't see anyone but that didn't mean anything. 'Look, I don't know why you-

"Emma!" a voice yelled. 

I jumped in my seat, the book hitting me in the face, "Where's the fire?"

Jace rolled his eyes at me from the door, "What're you reading?"

"The book from Rosie's," I held it up, "Storm?"

"Never heard of it," he replied, walking into the library, "Listen... we need to talk about Tommy."

We need to talk. Nothing good ever comes out of 'We need to talk'. That's how breakups begin. That's how you get in trouble. That's how you get an F on a paper.

 "Yeah?" I asked hesitantly. 

What did Tommy do wrong?

I put my book down in my lap and crossed my legs, sensing this was a serious discussion. Jace slowly walked towards me and sat on the beanbag closest to me. 

"Jace?" I prompted.

Jace let out a short sigh before asking, "Do you know Katie Massey?"

Katie Massey...

"The name's familiar... isn't she in the grade below us?"

"Was," Jace whispered.

My heart pricked. He sounded so... distraught.

"W-was she your..." I trailed off.

"No," Jace confirmed, lessening the grip on my heart.

So his mate hadn't died... but what did she have to do with anything?

"She was Tommy's."

***

Song: Don't Let Me Down - The Chainsmokers ft. Daya

Please don't get mad for another short chapter... 

What do you think of Jaceeeeee and Emma/Tommy?

xx Sharky.