Chapter Thirty-Five

^Jasmine Ambrose, played by Rowan Blanchard

Haha, so I left y'all in the fire-ing line last time, didn't I? 

No? Okay...

Jace gripped my shoulders, "Speak to me!"

I gasped for breath, staring at his pale blue eyes. I yelled out, "Tommy! He ran into the fire!"

"What?!" Jace shouted back.

"He... he morphed! Jace, and then he just ran in!"

Jace turned his head to the fire with narrowed eyes, "There's two people in there."

I nodded, "That's why Tommy ran in! He's gonna get himself killed!"

Jace frowned slightly, "No... he's not."

"What?!" I screamed, "Are you crazy?!"

Jace shook his head, "No. At least, I don't think so."

I paced the driveway, looking at anything but the forest in front of us. 

How stupid would it be? To lose the Alpha that Lady Artemis had laid out a plan for... 

***

Tommy

My grandmother was human. My would-be grandpa left his wife with two young girls who barely understood what was going on. 

He was a rogue werewolf. Both his daughters became druids. One could control fire. One could control the weather. 

The one who could control fire was my mother. Violet James neé Smith. She married my father, Ezra James, her mate at just nineteen-years-old. 

They had Rica a few years after their marriage. America James was the oldest. The Luna. She was the real leader of the Blue Heart pack. And here I am, taking over the role from... from a dead big sister. 

Me and Kota were born two years after Rica. Dakota and I were twins. Dakota was my best friend. We told each other everything - everything. I would sneak into his room at night just to tell him about Old Mrs Weatherbee down the street. 

Then, Katie Massey changed everything. 

My wolf was raging at the ripe age of fourteen. I couldn't handle my hormones. Every time I caught a whiff of Katie Massey or she laughed, she would capture my full attention. The thing, though? She wasn't my mate. I knew that much. 

But Lady Artemis didn't care. 

She ordered me on the courts one night, "Go to Katie. Bite her. My orders.

So I did. Who disobeys Lady Artemis? 

That was the biggest mistake of my life. Obeying Lady Artemis led to a dead sister, brother, mother, father... pack. 

When I came back, all I had was Jace. Before Emma Evans caught my eye. And I knew it from the first time I saw her... she was my real mate. 

Growing up, I was always interested in fire. I could sit for hours and just watch it flicker. There were times when I just wanted to plunge my hands in a firepit just because of curiosity. It was always just so strange and foreign for me. 

So I did. Put my hands in, I mean. I placed both my hands into a firepit out the back when no one was looking. I'd expected to be screaming, running for my life, bringing my arms out with no hands or something like that. But I wasn't.