Chapter Six

^Gif is of Mark Thompson (*-*)~ Ugh, how's Nick Robinson so hot? 

For the second time, a paper ball rammed into the side of my head. I sighed quietly and picked it up from the desk. This time, it read Since when are you and Kayc BFFs?

I raised an eyebrow at it. Kaycee read it over my shoulder and chuckled quietly. She stole the paper from beneath my nose and wrote on it herself to reveal Since when are you so clueful?

She scrunched it back up and once checking to make sure the teacher wasn't paying attention, she threw it into Jeremy's unsuspecting head. Jeremy frowned at the paper, reading it and then narrowed his eyes at me. 

I jabbed a thumb in Kaycee's direction and he rolled his eyes at her before returning to the lecture. Ezra leaned back in his seat to lean around Jeremy and mouthed something I didn't understand.

I cocked a head and he mouthed it again but it was nonsense. 

Kaycee whispered, "He wants to see you after class."

"Why?" I whispered to Ezra.

He didn't reply but just faced the board again.

I let out a small groan and slid down so my head was resting on my hands on the desk.

"Are you okay?" Kaycee whispered.

"Cramps," I murmured.

"I've got some naprogesic if you want it?"

"What are you girls talking about back there?" the old teacher asked sternly.

I blushed beet red and Kaycee stuttered, "N-nothing, M-Mr Hanson."

"Well, you must have been talking about something. Was it to do with the lecture or not?"

"No sir," I squeaked.

"Then you were talking about something not to do with Film Studies, I presume. Care to share?"

"No sir," I shook my head quickly.

Mr Hanson sighed, "Tell us what it was."

Kaycee and I exchanged a glance and then she said, "We were talking about my new dog. Totally off subject. I'm sorry. Return to your lecture, please, Mr Hanson."

Mr Hanson sighed and was about to reply when Jeremy responded, "You didn't get a new dog, Kayc."

We both threw him a death glare.

"Talking in class and lying to the teacher," Mr Hanson mused, "You two girls both have detention tomorrow lunch."

Kaycee and I both nodded to our doom. 

Once he began talking again I wrote in the corner of her notebook I'm sorry...

Kaycee wrote back in the corner of mine Don't worry; I've had detention before

I smiled briefly at both her non-goody-two-shoes-ness and her correct use of grammar and then actually tried to pay attention to the teacher.

As soon as the bell went, Jeremy was standing in front of our table, "So, what were you two talking about."

Kaycee sighed, "Like we'd tell you."

"Come on, cousin," Jeremy winked, "Please?"

"I'm not your cousin. I'm Ezra's," she corrected, "And no guy even wants to here about what we were discussing."

Ignoring the fact that she completely gave it away, I moved to pack up my stuff. I shoved my books into my bag and Ezra approached the three of us, "You, um..." he thought for words, a light blush on his cheeks, "So... Violet... y'know..."