Chapter Thirty-Two

^Gif is of Kiernan Shipka who plays Bella Welsh. 

Somehow, I found myself back in the detention room with the two boys and Diana at lunch the next day. 

"So you've accepted your fate?" Diana asked when I walked in.

I nodded silently. 

"Have the three of you read this law?" Diana read the article aloud, "That is not the point of werewolves - living a secluded life. It's about wanderlust. Or even nature. Yet, they're banishing my people."

She took a deep breath and looked up to the sky, "Zeus, what did I do to you?"

I expected there to be no answer but there was the faintest sound of thunder, perking my ears up. Jace shifted in his seat next to me.

Diana took a deep breath, "Here's what's going to happen. You'll obey the laws," she shrugged, "We can't start Wolf War Five. But I'll find out what will happen with the Rogues. As for the three of you... you'd get away with living in the forest back here."

"In... Crestview Forest?" Tommy asked, surprised.

"Yes," Diana nodded, "No one goes in there except for the two of you. It's just one more person. Besides, unlike the other packs, you three have been through a lot. I'm not kidding when I say I love Blue Heart the most. Which is why you get a mansion, not some shabby shack the government will give the others."

I swapped a small smile with the boys. They may have gotten me into this mess but at least we're going to be a mess in style. 

***

"I'll visit every weekend," Mum smoothed my bangs back, "I love you so much. And, uh... make wise choices with that boy."

I rolled my eyes, "I love you too, Mum." I pecked her cheek before grabbing my suitcase and duffel bag, "Visit me on Saturday? You should the place Artemis got Hephaestus to make us... you could stay the weekend."

"I won't stay," she murmured, "But I'll visit in the afternoon."

"Bring me some books?" I pouted jokingly.

She nodded, "Of course sweetie."

There was the sound of a car honking.

Mum sighed, "I swear, Justin had better manners than this kid. That says a lot."

"Mum, he's not even a friend," I admitted, "I hardly know him."

"Okay," Mum whispered, "Be careful. I love you so so so so much."

I kissed her cheek again before dragging my bag and suitcase out the door. I made it halfway down the path before Jace actually got out of Tommy's car and took the duffel bag from me. I smiled, "Thanks Jace."

"No problemo, Emma," he answered and he slid the duffel bag into the boot of Tommy's car. 

How did Tommy have the money for this car? 

"Hurry up!" he ordered from the driver's seat, "We don't have all day."

I slid my suitcase into the boot before hopping into the back of the car, "Actually we do."

"What?" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"We have all day," I added, "We don't have any obligations anymore."

Tommy cast me a small smirk, "I guess you're right."

I grinned brightly at him before looking back up to my mum at the front door. I buckled myself in as Jace closed the passenger seat door. Tommy started down the road slowly before surprising me. He grinned, "Anyone fancy a last meal at Rosie's before we're exiled forever?"