Chapter Nineteen

I leant against a tree, my arms crossed. I was impatiently waiting for the boy to come out of any classroom. He hadn't passed my line of vision yet. 

Finally, when he did come out of the Maths block, the ancient 2015 speaker technology we had crackled, "America James to the principal's office, America James."

I scowled. What had I done this time?

I shifted off the tree and ignored the speaker. I strode up to the boy, stopping directly in front of him. My aim had been to be intimidating but that didn't work when I was five foot three and he was six foot something. 

I remained confident though and placed one hand on my hip before extending the other, "You're new in town, right?"

The boy simply narrowed his cold eyes before nodding. 

"What's your name?"

He glanced down at my still extended hand and I decided to drop it. 

"Why do you wanna know?" the boy raised an eyebrow. 

He didn't have the country Australian drawl most of the kids here have. Instead, his accent was curt and chipped. Definitely from the city; which makes me more curious. 

"I have my reasons," I shrugged, "You gonna answer?"

"You first."

"America James," I gave him a rare smile.

"A smile?" and a gasp. Ally slung her arm around my shoulder and I scowled. Ally grinned at the boy, "Feel lucky she actually smiled for once. I'm Alyssa Asher and also I'm pleased to meet you."

The boy sighed before saying, "My name is William Gallagher. Friends call me Will. Can I help you with something?"

"Actually, Will," Alyssa began but he cut her off.

"I said only my friends call me Will."

To Alyssa, that was like a slap in the face. She blinked a few times, her lips parted slightly before regaining control. A hurt look crossed her face.

"You can help us with something, actually," I smirked, "Answer this: is your pack registered or not?"

The boy straightened to his full height in a snap, his eyes furious, "Who are you?"

"America James," I repeated with a smug smile, "Luna of the Blue Heart pack. And you've broken one of the werewolf laws four times. Care to explain?"

He opened his mouth in defence but the speaker crackled, "For the second time, America James come to the principal's office, America James."

I let out a groan before glaring at the boy, "Until next time, William. Ally - home."

She nodded obediently.

"Wait," his voice commanded the both of us to stop, "She tells you what to do and you do it?"

Ally shrugged, "She's my Luna. Why wouldn't I obey my Luna?"

William squinted as if he was in confusion, "Luna?"

I answered but it came out stiffly, "The Alpha's mate."

"Who's your Alpha?" William asked me.

I let out a loud sigh. Alphas again... Everything relates back to me finding a mate.

I distracted, "Excuse me, but I have to get to the principal's office."

I stormed away from them but not before I heard Ally mutter, "She's sensitive about the entire subject..."