Chapter Thirty-Six

I helped Jazzie to the bathroom tied to my room and closed the door behind me. I searched through the drawers of my dresser and got out some clothes for my ex-boyfriend's younger sister. 

My ex-boyfriend; Justin Ambrose; an arsonist and possible killer? 

According to Jasmine, at least. 

I placed a pile of some of my smaller sized clothes just outside the bathroom door and then made my way upstairs. I knocked on the door to Tommy's bedroom, "It's Emma."

"Come in," Tommy answered. 

I opened the door and slowly poked my head in. Jace was sitting in Tommy's desk chair and Tommy was lying on his bed. I stepped in and closed the door behind me. I leant against the back of it, "Everybody okay?"

Tommy nodded, "Not even scathed."

I glanced to Jace.

He grinned, "As good as always."

I smiled, "Good..."

"How's the girl?" Tommy raised an eyebrow at me. 

"She's taking a shower," I said, "She's not hurt though. Just tired and a little sore in her muscles."

"Who is she?" Jace asked.

"Justin's little sister," I frowned slightly, "She, uh, said he was the one that did it."

"That doesn't make sense," Tommy sat upright, "I mean, it's obvious the guy doesn't like us but... he didn't start that fire."

"How do you know?"

Jace answered, "Because that wasn't an ordinary fire. That was definitely started by a druid with fire."

"But there aren't any druids in this area," I said, confused.

"There is one," Tommy argued, "She just doesn't know she's a druid."

"Bella?" I whispered.

The boys nodded. Tommy tossed me something and I barely managed to catch it, "Found it when I was getting the girl out of the fire. Know who it belongs to?"

I turned the thing over in my hand. It was a ring. Simple and silver with a small purple gem in the centre. Narrowing my eyes, I could just see the engravement on the back of the gem, To BW from EE. 

I took a deep breath before nodding, "I gave it to Bella for her birthday."

***

I left the boys in thought to go check on Jasmine. I knocked on the bathroom door, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah!" she shouted, "I'm trying to find a hairdryer!"

I stifled a laugh, "I don't own a hairdryer."

The bathroom door flung open, "What?! How do you survive?"

I shrugged, "With frizzy hair."

She scowled. I stifled another smile at her brown hair that was standing on ends. She took a step back towards the mirror and began expertly braiding it. Jasmine stared at me through the mirrorglass. She asked, "Are you mad?"

"At what?"

"Me."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

She shrugged, "For... I don't know... making that other guy come get me from the fire."

"Tommy's basically indestructible," I smiled, "I'm pretty sure he could walk through fir- actually that saying isn't implausible anymore."