Chapter Eleven

^Gif is of my bae Ezra James. Love. Him....... :) 

Once we all had our food we met Liv at the table. I placed the salad and mineral water in front of her and she barely acknowledged it. 

I hissed, "Eat it."

She rolled her eyes but popped the lid off and skewered a piece of chicken. I unloaded my own burger and fries and sat in between the wall and Kaycee. 

Aaron lowered his voice and asked, "So how much longer until Walla Walla?"

"We still have another five hours on the road," Ezra replied, "We will get there by midnight so we can set up the tents. But Aaron, you and I will be exploring the woods around there, okay?"

Aaron nodded tiredly, "How long?"

"A few hours at least," Ezra said, "Because tomorrow afternoon we need to start making our way back up towards Crowdy Head."

Jeremy cut in, "Are you planning to get any sleep Ezra?"

Ezra shrugged, "I'll survive without it."

"Not really," Kaycee winced, "You're definitely not driving tomorrow, at least."

Ezra nodded slowly, "That's fine."

Liv spoke up, "What do you mean by set up tents?"

I sighed slightly. Kaycee burst out laughing, "We can't exactly afford a hotel room, Liv..."

Liv winced and sulked back into her seat, "So we're camping... great."

Ezra stared at my sister for a long moment before replying to her sarcasm, "You have two werewolves to protect you. I doubt anything will go wrong, Olivia."

She threw him a small smile and then bit into a piece of lettuce. 

There's my girl. I ate my own dinner as she quietly ate hers, almost oblivious to realising she actually was eating. We all made idle chat about school, avoiding the major talk of werewolves. 

Which I still couldn't get over the fact that they were there. 

It was more like it hadn't even clicked yet. They were werewolves, I knew that, but it didn't feel real

***

Around ten-thirty, Kaycee complained that she couldn't drive any longer or we'd end up wound around a tree so she pulled over. Kaycee stepped out onto the side of the highway she'd pulled out on and I got out myself, followed by Ezra. Jeremy and Kaycee moved into the back so they could lean back and sleep in the backseats. Aaron and Liv were both already fast asleep in the very back, rugged up. 

I climbed into the passenger seat and Ezra walked around the car to get ready to drive. I turned the radio onto SmoothFM, which played relaxing night time music. Ezra pulled back onto the road in silence and, soon enough, faint snores hit the rest of the car. 

The song wasn't one I recognised but Ezra definitely did. I watched him as his lips moved to sing the words quietly. It was out of tune but still entrancing in his deep, rumbling voice. 

"Desperado," he sang along in a deep whisper, "Why don't you come to your senses?

The voice was so entrancing. Not in that he could sing well, he really wasn't trying, but that he was singing with other people around. When I first met him he couldn't even utter two words. I reached for my phone and quickly began taking a video as he kept singing. 

"Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy," he flicked a glance in my direction and then did a double-take, "Oi!"

I began giggling hysterically as I closed the video.