Chapter Eight

^Gif is of our babe Ezra James. More of him to come :) Does anyone here watch GMW? Or BMW? 

"Pardon me?" Mum raised an eyebrow.

"We'd," Liv gestured between me and her, "like permission to go to the school's rugby game tonight."

"You're grounded," Mum reminded us before going back to doing research on something.

I interrupted her typing, "We know. We'd be staying out after school and coming back straight after the game at nine-thirty. Jeremy said that everyone goes."

"Who's Jeremy?" Mum raised a suggestive eyebrow, causing me to shudder.

"A friend," Liv answered for me, "Please Mum?"

"If you aren't home by nine-forty-five, you're grounded for another week," she frowned, "And, Vi, no... anything with this Jeremy kid."

"He's just a friend, Mum," I smiled, "Thanks."

"Thank you, Mum," Liv grinned. 

And that's how my sister and I found each other sitting in silence on bleachers that afternoon at 3pm. 

***

The game wasn't due to start until 4-30 and actually ended at 7-30, not 9-30. But, Ezra had said it would give us time to talk to Kristy after the game - heaven knows that it would take a while. 

Liv sat, rigid, next to me on the bench in complete silence. She'd been mad at me before, of course, but we'd never gone this long without talking or communicating with our eyes. 

I took a bite of my apple before Liv mumbled something.

I couldn't hear her over my chewing so I swallowed and asked, "What did you say?"

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not saying it again."

"No, I actually didn't hear you," I said with wide eyes, "I was eating my apple."

"I said," she paused for a moment, "I'm sorry."

Liv was watching the boys train on the field but I could feel the emotion in her voice. I shrugged, "It's okay, Liv. I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to apologise for," she mumbled, "I shouted at you because I was mad at myself... you were right, Vi."

I placed one of my hands on her shoulders, "I love you, Liv. I just... I hate seeing you hurt yourself."

"I can't help-" she began but she was interrupted by another shout.

"Olivia! Violet!" 

We glanced to the one and only Jeremy Asher. He bounded over to us, still in his school uniform, and sat down, "So, Smith sisters, how'd you convince the Smith-Mother?"

I blinked at Jeremy whilst Liv let out a small laugh. 

Liv answered, "We just asked. And did a little convincing."

"So she's letting you come on the road trip?" Jeremy perked up.

Liv and I exchanged a glance. I was thinking maybe she'd brought it up with Mum but her expression read vice versa. I pressed my lips together and she shrugged. I cocked an eyebrow and Liv frowned slightly.

"Okay, because that's not freaky at all..." Jeremy muttered, glancing between the two of us. 

"We haven't actually brought up the topic of it with Mum."

"As in... she hasn't given you a reply yet?" Jeremy asked, hopefully.

"No," I answered, "As in we haven't asked her yet..."