4 - First Day Experiance

"Well, aren't they full of pep this morning?" Nabiki groaned. Her short brown hair was a mess as she sleepily shuffled into the living room in her night clothes. She sat down for breakfast and watched with the rest of her family as Ranma and Genma spared against each other.

Akane, who had just returned from her morning run, inwardly admitted to them being well-trained. She turned away from them to go upstairs and get ready for school. Kasumi walked up to the table with a plate of food. "Ranma! Mr. Saotome! Come in and have some breakfast, you two."

The father and son jumped away from one another, landing on some of the large rocks surrounding the koi pond. Mr. Saotome wiped some sweat from his forehead. "Well, now, Ranma, let's go eat."

Ranma quickly jumped down from the rock and ran over to the table. He looked around before taking a seat and asking, "Uh, w-where's (Name)?"

"Oh, she likes to get as much sleep as she can before school. So, she might not be down for breakfast." Kasumi explained.

"Oh..." Ranma said softly, resting his head in his hand. He had really hoped to try to apologize for last night. Then, he rethought the sentence that Kasumi had said. "Wait, school?"

Genma crossed his arms as he sat down. "Yes, Ranma. School. While we are staying with the Tendos, you will be going to school with Nabiki, Akane, and (Name)."

"What?! No way!"

"Yes, way," Nabiki interjected. Then, she stood up and streached. "Speaking of school, I should go and get ready." She quickly walked upstairs to her room.

"Pop! This isn't fair! How come you didn't tell me about this before?!" Ranma complained, slamming his palms down on the table.

Genma simply stared at his son while speaking. "Ranma, this is a chance for you to get better aquanted with your fiance. Besides that, it'll give you a well deserved break from training."

Nabiki and Akane raced downstairs. They were both wearing teal dresses with a white blouse underneath. Nabiki smiled at Ranma. "As you know, we'll be going to school together. See you there!" She waved 'goodbye' as she ran to the door to get her shoes.

Akane raced past him without a word. She slipped on her shoes and shouted toward the threshhold to the stairs, "(Name)! Hurry up!"

"Coming!"

Just as (Name) came off the bottom step and ran through the living room, she glanced over at Ranma. She stopped in her tracks and stared at him a moment. He stared back, not really sure of what to say to her first. "U-uh, um... g-good morning..." he muttered, looking down.

"Good morning, Ranma. Good morning, Mr. Saotome." She greeted them. Then, she walked over and stood next to Ranma. "Hey. You're coming to school with us, right?"

"Huh?" He looked up at her.

(Name) stared at him. "Unless you already know where it is." She held her hand out to him to help him stand up.

He took a gentle hold of her hand and put most of his weight on his foot as he got up. Genma tossed Ranma his school bag, which he caught effortlessly. (Name) ran over to her twin and grabbed her shoes.

"(Name), why are you being so nice to him? Especially after yesterday?" Akane asked, walking beside her sister. Ranma caught up with them and walked a fair distance behind them, his hands folded behind his head.

"Well, I'm just being civil. Just because he was being a jerk doesn't mean that I have to."

Akane glared over her shoulder at the black haired boy following them. "I still don't like him. I mean, honestly..."

Ranma frowned at her. "Hey, I can hear you, y'know!"

"Was I talking to you?!"

"You were talking about me!"

(Name) quickly broke up their arguement. "Akane, Ranma, quit it! It's too early in the morning for this..." She yawned, almost proving her point. "Anyway, Akane, are those guys going to be there again today?"

"Ugh, every day until they beat me. You know that." She chuckled when her twin whined in protest.

Ranma tapped them both on the shoulder before nudging his way in between them. "Uh, what's going on? What do you mean?" he looked over at (Name).

"Every day, there's a group of boys outside of school that try to beat Akane. Whichever one of them is able to defeat her is allowed to go out with her."

Akane growled under her breath. "It's all that stupid Kuno's fault!"

"Kuno?" Ranma questioned. "Who's Kuno?"

As the three neared the school, Ranma could see a large crowd of people surrounding the entrance. Next to him, Akane began to grumble, "Hate boys, hate boys, hate boys..."

The crowd of male students began to run toward the three of them. Their focus was mostly on Akane, though. They began shouting toward her, proclaiming their love and vowing to defeat her. The whole ordeal seemed very strange to Ranma.

Once she reached the entrance, Akane began to battle with the multitude of boys. She was so quick that none of them could even land a hit on her. (Name) hid behind the wall and waited for her sister to finish. Ranma crouched on top of the wall and watched the fight progress.

He turned his head toward (Name) as he sat down. "Hey, why don't you just go inside the school?"

"I can't," (Name) whispered to him, "He would see me and then try to get me to fight him."

"Who?"

"Kuno."

Ranma raised an eyebrow as he thought about what she had just said. 'What's with this Kuno and fighting? He must revolve his life around it if he'll fight with girls... What a weirdo.'

Akane huffed in exhaustion as she looked around at the pile of unconsious boys. None of them could stand for a moment, so she smiled in satisfaction and waved toward the wall. "Hey, sis! Come on, it's safe!"

(Name) quickly ran and waved for Ranma to follow her. "Come on. You can't be late for your first day, Ranma!"

"Halt!"

Everyone paused as a figure stepped into view from the entrance of the school. Akane growled under her breath before muttering, "Guess you get to meet Kuno, Ranma..."