28 - Bathing Beauty

Kasumi smiled sympathetically at her younger sisters. "Sorry, but the tub isn't working. You'll have to go down to the public bathhouse tonight."

(Name) and Akane pouted as Nabiki smirked. "This should be fun. Girls, follow me." She beckoned the twins to follow her to her room as they got prepared.

In the living room, Ranma sat at the table, watching Happosai hum happily as he gathered his things for the bathhouse. Ryoga crossed his arms and said, "I think we ought to wait until the girls have gone and come back. It isn't proper for us all to go together."

"Do you really expect the old goat to wait here while the girls go to the bathhouse?"

Happosai put a few bath toys into a bucket. "Ranma, my boy, this is the perfect opportunity for a learning and bonding experience for us."

Ranma glanced at him boredly before looking at Ryoga. "If you'd rather stay home and worry about Akane and (Name) being perved on, then I'll just protect them. No problem."

"No way, Ranma!" Ryoga shouted, "I don't trust you alone with them, especially in such a vulnerable position! I am (Name)'s guardian; I'll do the guarding."

"Okay, okay." Ranma waved his hands in mock surrender, grinning at him.

Just then, the Tendo girls came downstairs. Nabiki grinned and waved to the boys as she left, saying, "We're heading to the baths now. See you there~!"

Akane paused by the door and asked Ryoga, "D-do you need me to help you get to the bathhouse, Ryoga?"

He blushed. "Oh, n-no, I can get there j-just fine, Akane! D-don't worry about me."

"Okay. Well, I'll... I'll see you later, then." She waved goodbye to him, a bit awkwardly, and left. 

Before (Name) went out the door, she motioned to Ranma to watch Happosai. He nodded at her while waving, letting her know he got the message. She nodded firmly at him with a little grin and ran to catch up with her sisters.

Happosai finally decided on the bath toys and scrub brushes he would bring along and announced, "Okay, gents! I'm ready to go." As he laughed heartily, Ranma and Ryoga looked at each other, worried.

As they walked down the street to the bathhouse, Ryoga frowned nervously. "Ranma, are you sure about this? About all of us being at the bathhouse at the same time, I mean."

"What are you worried about?"

"No matter how careful we are about the old lecher, we could still slip up. Even if we don't, we might... see something we aren't supposed to." He muttered, embarrassed.

Ranma rolled his eyes. "Well, then, don't let yourself get tempted. I'm sure you'll see Akane naked soon enough."

Ryoga blushed and angrily whipped Ranma in the back of the head with his towel. "Ranma, you cad!"

Ranma yanked at Ryoga's hair, growling at him. "Can't you take a joke, piggie?!"

"Who're you calling 'piggie?!'"

Happosai used his pipe to trip the two boys, separating them. "Now, now, boys. Save your energy for the bath. After all, I have some secret techniques I'd like to share with you, Ranma. Your little friend can learn, too, if he's man enough."

Ranma huffed before turning to Ryoga and whispering, "Let's not forget who the real enemy is here."

"Hmph! We can settle our score later, then, Ranma."

Once the men had gotten into the bathhouse, Ranma and Ryoga took turns keeping an eye on Happosai. Ranma took the first shift. For the most part, Happosai behaved well. The old man even shared his bath toys with the little boys there.