9 - Accidental Attraction

(Name) bit her lip angrily as she stood out in the hallway with a bucket of water in each hand. She was late to class, and this was her punishment.

"Uh, hey, (Name)?" Ranma mumbled from next to her, leaning toward her a bit.

She was late to class with Ranma, so they both had to stand in the hallway together.

"What is it, Ranma?" She growled angrily as she heard some people from inside of the classroom giggling. They could probably see them from inside and were gossiping about them. 

He turned his head to the side and mumbled, "S-sorry I got you in trouble..."

"It's fine, Ranma. Don't worry about it." (Name) looked over at him and saw a faint blush on his face, along with a little frown. She giggled a bit. "You really don't like apologizing, do you?"

"I don't like always having to apologize to you." Ranma clarified. "I'm always causing you trouble."

She nudged his arm with her elbow. "Hey. Don't worry about it." (Name) repeated, smiling at him. Just then, she looked out of the window and saw someone walking up  to the school building. She set down one of the buckets and pointed outside. "Hey, isn't that scruffy-looking guy Ryoga?"

It was true; it was Ryoga slowly stomping up the courtyard of the high school. He had twigs, leaves, and dirt in his hair and on his clothes.

"Ranma Saotome!" His voice could be heard from inside as he ripped the twigs and leaves out of his hair. "Come and face me, you coward!"

Ranma rolled his eyes and set down his water buckets. "I'll be back."

With a surprised gasp, (Name) ran down the hall after her fiance. "Ranma, you can't just leave!"

"Then, what're you doing?!" He challenged playfully.

(Name) ignored his statement and continued to follow him. They caught the attention of many classrooms as they ran down the halls and out of the building, which prompted everyone to follow them.

Outside, Ryoga stood in front of the school with a determined frown on his face. He took deep, even breaths as he saw Ranma run out of the school and up to him.

The rest of the students, teachers, and faculty members watched from a distance as the two boys stared one another down. Even the principal, who was watching from his office window, was excited to know how the fight would play out.

"Hey!" He shouted to everyone. "If you're going to fight, do it on the field around the back! I don't need any parents walking by and complaining about students fighting in front of the school!"

Those magic words sent everyone rushing toward the game field in the back of the school, with Ranma and Ryoga being the last ones to show, since Ryoga had to be physically directed to where the field was.

All of the students got settled on the grass to watch the fight, pulling out snacks and drinks like it was a movie. Akane caught up to her twin and sat down next to her. She looked at (Name) and asked, "Are you sure we shouldn't stop this?"

"It might be best for them to work this out themselves."

"If you say so..." Akane looked at Ryoga's stern face for a moment.

Akane stopped in front of an old building that had been taken off of the market for buying or renting, and tilted her head at it with a confused glare. "This is where you live?"

"For the time being," Ryoga stepped toward the house and looked back at Akane. "I only came here to destroy Ranma's happiness, just as he's destroyed mine."