52 - Duck, Duck, Mousse!

Shampoo hummed happily as she rode her bicycle toward Furinkan High School. She had made a very special lunch for her beloved boyfriend, Tatewaki Kuno, and she was giddily anticipating how happy he would be to see her at school. 

The Cat Cafe is so busy most days during lunch that she isn't able to deliver a special lunch to him. Shampoo grinned to herself. 'But, today different. Shampoo get to bring Tachi too-good ramen and visit him at school!' She pedaled faster as the school came into view.

Ranma ran down the hallway with a bundle of packaged sandwiches in his arms. He had cut in line to grab something for himself, (Name), and Akane, so he was able to get the last of a few items. Some of the other boys were chasing after him, demanding the sandwiches. "Sorry, guys, but I've got people waiting on these!"

"Tough luck, Ranma! You broke in line!"

"Give me that sweet bread!"

"Ranma!"

Meanwhile, the Tendo twins were waiting on Ranma to meet them outside with the food. (Name) blinked as she heard bike wheels speeding towards them. She turned around just as Shampoo slid to a stop beside her. "Hi, Shampoo."

"Nihao. Where Boyfriend Kuno?"

"Oh, he got sick this morning. His sister had to come here from her school and take him home."

Shampoo gasped, "Tachi sick?!" She held up her delivery tin and muttered, "Shampoo make special ramen for him. Now, it go to waste."

Akane shrugged. "You could still give him the food. He'd probably be grateful for it, and the warm broth would help him feel better."

"But, Shampoo not know where Boyfriend Kuno live... He always come to Shampoo, not other way."

Just then, Ranma opened a window and waved down at the girls. "Catch!" He tossed the sandwiches down to them.

"Ranma, you dummy!" Akane and (Name) ran forward to try and catch the food falling from the second story of the school. However, a quick blur flew from over the courtyard wall and nabbed the packages. "Huh?"

A young man with long black hair landed on his feet near the girls. He quickly ripped open the plastic wrappings and scarfed the sandwiches down. 

(Name) glared at the stranger as Akane shouted, "Hey! Those were our lunch, you thief!"

He looked at (Name) before glomping her in a tight embrace. "Oh, Shampoo! I finally found you!"

Ranma jumped from the window and stomped hard on the boy's head, making him release (Name). "Who are you calling 'Shampoo,' huh?"

The mystery boy took a pair of glasses out of his shirt pocket and put them on. He looked down at (Name) and commented, "You're not Shampoo."

"I'm well aware of that. Now, who, exactly, are you?"

"I am Mousse. Shampoo's fiance."

The three teens turned to Shampoo for answers. She glared angrily at his statement. "That not true, Mousse! You just friend from child time! Don't lie!"

Mousse ran to her with open arms. "Shampoo!" Before he could hug her, Shampoo swiped his glasses off and spun him around a few times.

(Name) said, "Oh, come on, Shampoo. Play fair, at least."

"Shampoo no have time to play fair. Tachi need me. Goodbye." She hopped on her bike and rode off to search for Kuno's house. Before she left the school grounds, she tossed Mousse's glasses over her shoulder and into Ranma's hands.

Once Mousse stopped spinning, he stumbled around blindly, reaching out for Shampoo. "Sh-Shampoo..." He fell back on his end and hung his head low.

Ranma went over to him and propped his glasses on top of his head. Then, he crouched down and pat Mousse on the shoulder. "Listen, buddy. Whatever you might have had with Shampoo is clearly over, so why don't you just move on?"